Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At a bike cruise in a while back I heard a Kawasaki with an exhaust on it that sounded very deep/raspy/higher pitched/louder than my Yoshi on my GSXR. I fell in love with the sound of this pipe but I cannot remember the name of it. I believe it started with an M, H, or F.
Sorry that is all the help I can give. But anyways, to the point. I want a louder/higher pitched exhaust than my Yoshi. I still want to keep my Yoshi but I want to be able to swap between these pipes depending on my mood of riding. So can you guys point me to a higher pitched/louder can? I was kinda thinking about a D&D but I've heard alot of people say they are annoying so maybe they don't sound good? Any help is needed.

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
At a bike cruise in a while back I heard a Kawasaki with an exhaust on it that sounded very deep/raspy/higher pitched/louder than my Yoshi on my GSXR. I fell in love with the sound of this pipe but I cannot remember the name of it. I believe it started with an M, H, or F.
Sorry that is all the help I can give. But anyways, to the point. I want a louder/higher pitched exhaust than my Yoshi. I still want to keep my Yoshi but I want to be able to swap between these pipes depending on my mood of riding. So can you guys point me to a higher pitched/louder can? I was kinda thinking about a D&D but I've heard alot of people say they are annoying so maybe they don't sound good? Any help is needed.
M4?? - red and white logo on pipe

HMF??

FMF??

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure. Would any of those be loud and high pitched? I mean he reved his bike to maybe 4 or 5k and it was pretty loud. It wasn't M4 for sure. It COULD have been the others I suppose.

I know the emblem on the can was all silver.

·
Registered
187 Posts
HMF exhaust are raspy sounding i put one on a 600rr and it sound damn good

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if it was on a kawi it was probably a Muzzy
I think that might have been it. Does the sound description sound about right? How would one of these cans sound like on a Suzuki? Anything close to the Kawa?

·
Registered
51 Posts
The description sounds right a friend of mine has one on his Kawi 6. I have never heard one on a suzuki so I don't know how it would sound. However suzuki bikes tend to be less noisy then others. Put one on and let us know what it sounds like.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now that I looked at one of the Muzzy cans it most def was a Muzzy. It was a round aluminum Muzzy, not the oval one. But they only make a can for the -2003 not the 2004+.
Now my question is would my bike sound high pitched and loud too?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What is the "baffle"? I have heard people say this but I've never seen one. The Yoshi RS3 doesn't have a baffle in it does it?

·
Registered
360 Posts
The Muzzy cans I've seen and heard look pretty clean; solid silver with nothing but a 'Muzzy' logo, and they have a loud, raspy, racey sound to them. I like

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Why doesn't Muzzy list an exhaust for the 2004+ GSX-Rs?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts