Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping somebody can tell me if this is normal. I have a K5 GSXR 750 and was out riding the other day when all of the sudden some DA pulled right out in front of me. I braked hard enough to get a small skid before I backed off the brakes and steered around him. The problem I had was as I was going around him I tried to accelerate but I had no throttle response. The bike did not stall even though it seemed like it did. After I turned the bike off and back on everything was back to normal. This can't be some off the wall safety feature, can it?

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Its called down shifting, drop to a lower gear to pass

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be nice but I had no throttle in any gear. The handle just turned with nothing happening. Besides if I tried to to go from 10 mph in 5th gear it would of stalled which I have done before. But the bike did not stall. The engine was still running. The easiest way to describe it is cut your throttle cable and thats the feeling I had. I'm new to this site but I'm not new to riding.

·
Registered
245 Posts
maybe the forward force of the braking action caused the gas in tank to move away from fuel pump, thus causing a slight loss in fuel pressure, thus reducing throttle response....
just a guess here

·
Registered
606 Posts
was there tension on the grip when you tried to accelerate?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Maybe the throttle cable came off the pulley?

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Yeah, but it wouldn't have just popped itself back on... the whole thing just doesn't make any sense at all...

·
Registered
606 Posts
Yeah, but it wouldn't have just popped itself back on... the whole thing just doesn't make any sense at all...
Hey, some things are just hard to explain. Like how can this woman be so fuckin stupid?

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts