Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about a week ago i was driving in the rain and all of a sudden my bike lost its power. It is a 1994 gsxr 750 with 24000 miles . When it is in neutral it reves fine when in gear it reves very weak as if the bike lost its power .it is all stock with the exception of a yosh. pipe. any help would be appreciated. i live in easton PA if anybody can also tell me of a good mechanic greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Sounds like an electrical connection or a ground wire. Remove the side fairings and check all your connectors (unplug, clean, and replug). Also check the wires for any worn spots or loose connections. Also check the ground from the battery.

Mike

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yeah good advice.

My 1992 Gsxr750wn (here in the UK, rain a constant problem!) had some terrible earthing (grounding in the US) probelms with the wires under the headlight unit.
If I remember rightly there was a bundle of 4 large black wires that were all suffering the green lurgy!
Easily fixed but a swine to track down and spot as it seems to have only been apparant under load.......and you had to take off the top fairing.

Similarly my current Gsxr1100wt has a bit of corrosion with the little block-connector parts (the male and female sides).

I have cleaned and then greased these and it seems to have stopped it being a problem.

Maybe your problem is one of those?

Wiring on the blink is a bind, you have my sympathies mate.

It might be worth considering, if that little lot fails to sort it, if water got in or around the main ignition module (under the seat, right side as you sit on the bike). That might account for the poor running under load too.
Hopefully it just needs a spray of WD40 or similar to dry it out and clean off the connections.
(well worth treating all your connectors to a WD'ing and a grease.......sorry if this is a bit like teaching the sucking of eggs but just offering a little help & hoping it might be useful.)

If that doesn't do it I'd suggest getting the module tested (or swapping with one you know that works) to check it out.

Lastly, how is the main earth to the motor? I've seen some of these get into very sorry states through total neglect (they're awkward to get at and rarely given a thought).

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts