Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Just bought a 2013 GSXR 1000 Commemorative Edition. Took it on two rides and it road like a beast and I love it! But just changed the oil. While I was changing the oil I took the clutch cover off because it had a couple scratch’s and I was going to have my friend repaint it. He said it’d be easier to paint with it off. Well... when I took it off some of the gearing fell out. I ended up not taking it all the way off because I told him it would be too much of a mess. So I put the bearings and gears and things back in. I thought I put it in correct. Then filled it up with fresh oil and filter.

Well just went on a ride on it and it rode like trash. Right when I started it up it had a slight ticking that was very faint but noticeable that was not there before. Went out and I noticed anything above 6K felt slow. Never hit a hard and fast powerband. It red lines at 14K and wouldn’t pass 11-12K. Then when I came to stops the engine every 5-10 would want to die. You could hear the exhaust cut off and come back. Actually died two times. Then the worst is it made a loud pulsating ticking. Sounded like an insane clicking every 5-10 seconds at a stops. I could feel the pulsating tick through the gas tank and handlebars.

Im 99% sure it is because put something back in the clutch wrong. I just need some tips or a solid diagram. Because I could not find any. Just some ones on older bikes that I used to put it back in the first time. So I don’t know if I’m missing sometime or I just didn’t put it in right. If anyone has opened the clutch before or knows what’s wrong please message away! Any help I would really appreciate!
Thanks, Carson

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guys so I opened up the clutch case. A washer fell out when I put it back in. So it was all grinder up in there. Got everything out and cleaned the oil pan. Got a replacement washer. Put everything back together.
Know it’s not as bad ticking from the engine clutch area. But still has a ticking closer to the head. And still has no power.
Any tips would help a lot!

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I did a clutch plate replacement on my L6, something similar happened - I noticed a washer had fallen into a recess by the clutch. I have heard this catches a lot of folk out. Hopefully small pieces didn't circulate around the motor before the filter. Were there pieces of metal in the oil pan?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts