Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I looked all over my house today for my key and can not find it for the life of me. Does anyone know what a replacement would cost? I want the same exact key. I'm not sure if bike are like cars and they have generic ones but I want another oem Suzuki key. I'm so pissed I've been looking since 8 am for the dam thing. :cursing

·
Registered
536 Posts
I was told that an replacement key for my 06 600 would be 125, but Im your key would cost the same. On the off chance did you check the bike and make sure you didnt leave it in the ignition?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brianinms said:
I was told that an replacement key for my 06 600 would be 125, but Im your key would cost the same. On the off chance did you check the bike and make sure you didnt leave it in the ignition?
Yeah I checked. I'm going to have to suck it up and order one on tuesday. What a waste. I was just going to get some pazzos. Gonna hold off now. :mad

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
:) remove the ignition, get a keyless gas cap, and take out the trunk lock...

check wera and get another key ignition and key

·
Registered
685 Posts
I always seem to leave mine in the trunk key slot and forget it there. Then I can never find it and get all pissy, then when I calm down and do other things, I stroll pass the bike (sitting in my house) and see the key just sitting there in the key slot.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
hmm some will say they can't do it, some will. what do you mean they don't want to cut it??

bring yoru license and registration up there and prove its your freaking bike! then tell them to kiss your ass

·
Registered
41 Posts
I lost my key a while back, had the spare with the tag on it. Went to the dealership thinking I would be getting a Suzuki key (black plastic end) and paid 15 bucks each for 2 (wanted a second spare). When he came out with them, they were cheap metal end ones which said "for suzuki" on them. I was like damn, I probably could have gotten that at home depot for alot cheaper! Was hoping to get the original style... Anyone know who's got those so I won't have the ghetto look going on?

·
Registered
604 Posts
You can go to the Dealer and show proof of ownership and they will code cut you a new key.

Or unless you have your key code anyways ... the little aluminum square that has some numbers on it. It was given to you with your two keys for the bike when you purchased it.

They can also cut you a key with your VIN number but again, you have to prove the bike is yours.

THE DEALER in your local area.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well after purchasing the replacements my key showed up on my front table out of no where...I had the black metal piece but my local dealer didn't want to cut the key because they said the oem one is too thick and messes up their machine bit which is expensive...go figure. They never doubted me being the owner that’s not why they didn’t want to do it. I came in with my spare and the black metal number. They were willing to do the replica just metal one though.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
colomRIK said:
You can go to the Dealer and show proof of ownership and they will code cut you a new key.

Or unless you have your key code anyways ... the little aluminum square that has some numbers on it. It was given to you with your two keys for the bike when you purchased it.

They can also cut you a key with your VIN number but again, you have to prove the bike is yours.

THE DEALER in your local area.
A dealer can ONLY cut a key with the key code (or if you have the spare key). They CANNOT do it with the VIN only.

The reason I know this is because when I bought my 2000 SV (new) from a dealer, it didn't come with a key code. I asked about it and they said it must've been replaced. I contacted Suzuki of America (or whatever they're called) and they said that they could not look up the code with the VIN.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.