Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day gents, ok so i've got a 2010 GSXR 750 dedicated track bike which some d**khead ( possibly me ) has lost the keys . my question is if i swap the ECU & ignition barrel with key from a donor bike of same year will my bike be back to turn key hit starter ride state , keeping in mind its an Aussie model with transponder key & immobiliser , :cheers

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
You should be able to take the VIN to a dealer and get a new key made which while pricy should be cheaper.
I don't know what proof of ownership they would require.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don't know what state your in, BUT, in NSW, its easy for locksmiths now to insert tooling into your tumblers of the ignition and form a key to cut from that and ALSO, PROVIDE, immobilizer chips that are configured to fit into the NEW KEY CUT from this process. EASY AS, and not very expensive (say) $200.00 or so.

Pete

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I went the long way and got a spare key from a locksmith (bris. Aus) Cost @ $150 and doesn't work properly, ie. key one way, wont start, FI C42, the other way starts. Went to Suzuki Dealer Springwood OEM key @ $150 and told other key doesn't work properly, thanks for that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts