Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
^^^^ And that friends is why you don't buy cheap front sprockets.

K5gsxr42, you need to sit down for this.... you need to open the crank case and replace that shaft. In doing that, you'll also want to replace the bearings for that shaft and possibly the bushings as well. It's not going to be cheap. Alternatively, you could go completely redneck and weld the new sprocket to the shaft and accept that the next time it needs changed will have to be cut off. I recommend fixing it correctly.
Ya man I know it's gonna be a mess and it sucks because there's not a single video of someone changing that out to follow and do myself lol because don't really wanna pay 6 or 700 for labor and thats if I walk in with the motor out the bike they said..

·
Registered
229 Posts
What year 750 do you have? I didn't see the year model? 600? 750?
* Edit, I guess from your screen name, it's a K5? Rocket scientist I am- I know

Good luck on that. IIWY, I'd go the cheaper, new sprocket, welded on if needed to first though. WAY cheaper/easier than new countershaft.
* Edit- that advice was for the time being, not the final fix

·
Registered
229 Posts
And, IIRC you would be able to leave the entire top end/head/cams on and do the countershaft too!
Very doable- even w/o a Youtube. A similar yr./ make Youtube would be similar.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Ya i am gonna order a service manual and it's a k5 600. I thought about welding it for now just I guess to get me through the summer lol.. but would like to eventually make right and change out

21 - 30 of 30 Posts