Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was Racing the other night after shifting through all the gears at high rpms once i down shifted my bike shut off when i held the clutch in when i started it back up it sounded like a 250 had a loss of all power and was shooting white smoke out the exhaust and any time i pulled the clutch it it would shut off i limped it home pulled the air box off pulled the spark plugs and cylinder 1's spark plug was bent a little and the tip was gone im guessing it exploded its the one on the left in the picture below

What could have caused this

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well looks like oil, turbo rich, or just burnt the conductor out completely. Repkacd plugs check filter and change oil. You should be fine. Just misfired a lot

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its burning oil too like alot def think something internally broke potentially my piston rings im not sure if its possible a piece of metal from my spark plug messed it up

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i just did the conoression test cylinder 1 only pumps up to 25 psi and holds there 2,3,4 are fine any ideas what this could mean

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
obviously lol my mechanic is taking it sometime this week but not knowing is driving me insane just wanted to know if any1 else had this happen and was able to fix it

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
Could be a blown head gasket, could be a a fucked up piston ring, could be a bent valve or any combination of the above or all of them. The fact that it's blowing white smoke tells me you got coolant getting into the cylinder which is indicative of a blown head gasket.

You could perform a leakdown test and try to identify where exactly the issue is but it's not exactly a conclusive test and regardless of what you think you identify as the issue the top end has to come off so it's really a waste of time to do. Time to pop the head off and have a look-see

1 - 11 of 11 Posts