Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys!

Last sunday me and my friends were riding and the bike started to struggle to accelarate. It was uphill so i put a gear down but the problem was still there. We continued our ride and the problem was gone by itself. However after maybe 50kms more the problem appeared again and it is there untill now. Loss of power in every gear and after riding like that trying to get home the bike died. Couldn't start but so we tried to push start it and it worked but there was still no power and the bike was struggling to rev up even in neutral. When i got home i've cleaned the pump, fuel tank and carbs but when i tested it today the problem was still there. I have made a video so you can have a better idea of the problem. I hope the video and audio is good enough.
This is right after i got home -

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appologize for the late reply!
I tried to run it with the fuel cap open but the problem was still there. So i decided to check if the pump was working properly and disconected the hose and ran the pump. Everything was okay with it. Then i decided to check and replace every hose if there was any need to be replaced and this tiny little filter just dropped from the carbs when i disconected the hose coming from the pump. I have no idea how i missed it when i was cleaning the carbs. It was so dirty that there was hardly any fuel going through it. Cleaned it, test ran the bike and everything was back to normal and even better than before.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts