Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello dear all !

I'm Alexis RICHARD, a French member of this Forum.
I have a wonderfull 750 GSXR made in 1988 !
I replaced all spark plugs, filter, oil, carburetor synchronization, valves gap last year (1500 km); and it worked very well after !

But last week-end, I did a race with an other motorbike, but not faster than 150 km/h and when I decided to ride at the normal speed my motorbike had a problem.

Idling the engine it's ok, but when I turn the accelerator handle a little bit more: my motorbike accelerates jerkily, but if i turn just a little bit the accelerator handle the acceleration is good , and a little bit more it's not ok. I tried to put the starter mode and the engine stopped directly.
So I thinked to a gasoline issue (carburation) but i'm not sure.

And I want to reiterate that the problem happened at once and just after this little run.

I always drove regularly my motorbike but not during this 3 last months because I was in an internship in Thailand ^^

So I would like to have your advices, if a member of this forum knows the problem or have potential root causes ^^

Thank you very much !! :smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thank you for your help and advise @nosurrenda; I need to disasemble my fuel tank and to clean it.
You think I need to remove carburetors? Because I never did this and I don't want to break anything else more^^

Thanks you very much; and my bike is a 1988 and not a 1998 :))

If other bikers have an idea, you are welcome ! :)

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Smart bike Alexis - already been said about checking/cleaning filter in the fuel tank and carbs....also check that the vacuum hose to the fuel tap/petcock isn't leaking, leaks will prevent enough fuel being released.
There's a method to removing the carbs from Slingshot bikes - remove battery and holder, remove air filter, the rubbers at the rear of the carbs have to pulled back into the airbox - the carbs can then be pulled off the inlet rubbers and be removed from the left or right side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts