Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having a sever loss of power when im in high rpm's like i stated its like im hitting a spot on my throttle where my bike wont pick up anymore. usually around 11-12k. i posted about this before to no avail expect people giving me dirty injectors, bad spark plugs, and that pretty much sums it up. Im still looking for help on this if any guru or master mechanic or ama racer wants to give me a tip or two id appreciate it greatly.. my air filter has been cleaned throughly, oil just changed 1000 miles ago.spark plugs just 150 miles ago. clutch is good runs fine at idle and low speeds good acceleration except ive noticed its dropped a little in this area. im topping out at about 127 last time i ran her. cant go past that speed breaker for some reason. ive had the bike to 160 just in october so its a recent problem but one none the less. ive been thinking its the valves but not for sure. can anyone give me a write up on here about how to clean the fuel injectors if that is needed. anything i can do myself i will. very mechanically inclined also have a ceritfied motorcycle mechanic in my club so help is not an issue. but he thinks im chasing a ghost when i know im not.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Injectors are best to send out. Its pretty cheap. Factory pro does them for like 100 bucks.
Other than the info ive already given you id check to make sure the airbox is sealed properly and your ram air tubes are lined up properly.
Valves are possible but doubtfill. They dont result in a power loss like that.
You also didnt mention that the bike is shutting down on you. Im thinking crank sensor. They can and do go bad with no fi light.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lebaron how much do those crank sensors run?. an i really dont have that 100 to send em out with. my bike is my only means so id prefere not to be out of it for 2 weeks waiting on shipping and cleaning and then more shipping.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Im not sure on the crank sensors. Ill have to check, i dont pay for them i just install.
For self cleaning the injectors I cant really recommend a diy way. some people have tried carb cleaner and soaking them but i dont know if thats a good idea. If its your main ride you have to be carefull how you go about fixing it.
Id start by rechecking your previous work. make sure everything in the airbox area is sealed properly paying attention to the throttlebodies/airbox connection. Pull the plugs while your there and see if its fouled or if any look different than the others.
Your gonna have to keep trying different things if you cant put money into it and hope something will make it worse or better then you can narrow it down some.

·
Not the powers that be, not even close.
23,130 Posts
lift the gas tank and check the fuel line between the pump and rail. lower the tank and watch the fuel line as the tank comes down. if it kinks it could be a problem. sometimes the fuel line gets caught up.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Did you fig. out the problem? Send me a pm or email [email protected] i might have some help for you. i have an 03 gixxer 750 that did the same and i fixed it.
Why not just post it for others to see later on down the road?

Reactions: Daslickest

·
Registered
96 Posts
sorry i just happend to glance in to the forum and noticed that a gixxer brother need help. i was at work and i wanted to reply back but i was too busy. i wanted some to send a email or a pm to remind me so i could post my input and experence. it had nothing to do with not shairing my info. well here i go and i hope it works for you

·
Registered
96 Posts
it sounds to me that you have a lack of fuel. so first thing to do would be drain out gas tank and look inside. i had mine sitting for a little bit and it started rusting. so wat i did was i pulled out the fuel pump tryed to clean it out the tank best i can. i ended up changing my tank to my stock one. i was about to put my fuel pump back in and niticed some stuff in there. i started cleaning that and there was a whole lot of particles from the tank rusting. i cleaned it and cleaned it with carb or break cleaner. there was so much stuff in there. you need to have an air compressor and make sure you use the straw on the carb/ break cleaner for the hard to reach places. keep cleaning it. then i pulled off the fuel rail and injectors and cleaned it all out. i put everything back with some injector cleaner and it hasnt had a problem since. dont just clean the injectors and expect it to work. always start from the starting point and work your way foward. this should solve your problem. good luck to you and anyone else having the same problem.

Rowell
03' Gixxer 750
03' Campagna T-Rex

·
23,130 Posts
you can take the pump assembly apart and check the filter too. surprisingly, my track bike was running just fine and i only took it apart out of curiosity. i wanted to see how dirty it was after 10 years.

:eek:hmy

·
Premium Member
3,616 Posts
Just remove the nuts & bolts and pull it apart, you just have to use some force.

My 10 year old filter

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Are those filters even replaceable. I seem to remember people having a hard time getting them from zuki.

·
23,130 Posts
take it apart? its 3 7mm nuts for the wires and then 2 philips head screws. pull!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ya everything you guys are now stating i have done before. the fuel pump has been cleaned and the lines are not kinking as ive checked a 100 times to make sure its not the simplest issue. so ya im still on my quest to fix. im thinking bout sending in the 2 sets of injectors i have for my 600 to Factory pro to get a set of 2% injectors but again not sure i wanna sit that long. so ima keep trying. i have a clymer manual coming in tomorrow so ill being the diagnostic there

·
Registered
96 Posts
Another thing you can check thats a common problem is the harness on the front right sideunder the air duct. they start to carode after a while. if they are bypass the harness or resolder a new harness inline. i chopped mine and redid the whole thing. another thing i would do is get another new set of plugs and try it out again. it doesnt hurt to do this again and if that didnt work at least you have an extra set for when you do need to change it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts