Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEy there guys,

THis will be my first post ever its funny that it will be in the health and fitness section.I need to know every little thing about losing weight. I weigh 290 5'9 I have access to a gym and would love if someone could build me a work out routine and a diet plan. I need alot of help.

So I need workout plan mon-sun dieting

thanks guys

will the gixxer forum be the answer to my diet :)

·
Rump Ryder PermaSquid
363 Posts
Go get the Body for Life book it will help you tremendously. :punk

·
Registered
153 Posts
Don't worry about working out for now, just start going for walks to start with. Try and shoot for an hour long walk. If you get bored listen to music, or borrow a friends dog and take them with you.
As for the diet you need to focus on eating healthy foods (fruits, veggies, chicken, tuna, ect..). You don't need to cut out all the junk food and pop at once, but eventually it should be eleminated. The sooner the better. Maybe just start with the pop for now. Drink more water!
I know that this might sound too simple to work, but it will. It just takes time, determination and willpower. Good luck to you!

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
i am sorry but at 290 and 5'9", you could do almost anything and lose weight. you already know the foods to cut-out, and the foods to add. you already know exercise is key. you already know that cardio must be mixed with weights. you already have the basic knowledge required to lose weight from your start point. the research becomes necessary after you have already started losing weight, as you have to tweak the details. i am sorry if i sound like an asshole, but being crass is often a great motivator. good luck, and remember to do things GRADUALLY and not abruptly. changing too much at once dooms you for failure.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
join www.precisionnutrition.com awesome workout advice and nutrition plans. Forum is great too. You can individualize the program to suit you. Athletes and beginers use it with great results for the ability to individualize it.

·
Constantly in trouble now
16,403 Posts
Remember, it's okay to be a bit hungry. Your stomach is probably a bit stretched and will take a significantly long period of time to reduce to size again. Instead of eating three times a day, eat six or even eight times a day. Just when you've been hungry for about 25 minutes or so, eat a little something. Just not a lot. Just a handful of nuts. Your three main meals can be larger, of course, but make them about half the size they were before. Smaller, even.

If ravenous appetite is your problem, exercise will likely be the solution. The key is to get your heart rate up. Walking is the best idea I've seen so far and I agree with it for the first part of your program. Uphill if you can. Keep the pace up for at least 20 minutes but definitely start out slow. If you can only do five minutes the first day, that's fine. Do it. Maybe do that three or four times the first few days, five minutes at a time. That's actually a good habit to develop anyway. My biggest problem was sitting around on my ass too much. Office job. School. T.V. at night. Not a good thing.

This is NOT going to happen overnight for you. You're talking about losing about 100 pounds or more and it's going to take a couple of years, my friend. Decide now that you're going to stick with it.

Start of with measurements. Note your weight, your waist and arm sizes, etc. Track them as you go.

You're going to be glad you did, though. Nothing like recovering a sense of health!

Keep us posted on how you do.

--Wag--

·
Constantly in trouble now
16,403 Posts
Also, I had a lot of success with reducing my carb intake dramatically.

--Wag--

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you only did one form of exercise, I'd recommend running. If you have bad knees, then start off by walking (mentioned above). I put a friend onto running with his nano & nike plus...he never ran more than a mile prior...and after 7 months, he lost over 60lbs! Went from 285 to 225 without any diet pills or lap band procedure. He did however watch his diet and completely cut out sodas...mostly drank water.

Good luck and stick with it!

·
Premium Member
6,904 Posts
HEy there guys,

THis will be my first post ever its funny that it will be in the health and fitness section.I need to know every little thing about losing weight. I weigh 290 5'9 I have access to a gym and would love if someone could build me a work out routine and a diet plan. I need alot of help.

So I need workout plan mon-sun dieting

thanks guys

will the gixxer forum be the answer to my diet :)
Rule No. 1. You didn't get fat in six weeks, so don't start off thinking you're going to make a complete turnaround in six weeks. Trying to 'lose weight now' means you're going to be establishing an unnatural weight, and when you get tired/bored/see the results and get off your plan, your body's gonna yo-yo back.

Rule No. 2. Be consistent. Set attainable milestones and reach them. If you say you're gonna workout twice a week, then workout twice a week. If you get three then good, but nothing should stop you at just one.

Rule No. 3. Out with the bad and in with the good. Higher quality foods, fresh fruits and vegetables, and water are your friends. Hunger is one part the desire for food in general, and another part is your body craving things in which it is deficient. Even if you eat a shitload of 'empty calories' they'll only satisfy you for a little while, and then you're back hungry again because you only balanced half the equation.

Suggestion: Sometimes the way you look at it makes a world of difference. Looking at as something you want to do vs. something you have to do changes it from something you dread to something you look forward to.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Rule No. 1. You didn't get fat in six weeks, so don't start off thinking you're going to make a complete turnaround in six weeks. Trying to 'lose weight now' means you're going to be establishing an unnatural weight, and when you get tired/bored/see the results and get off your plan, your body's gonna yo-yo back.

Rule No. 2. Be consistent. Set attainable milestones and reach them. If you say you're gonna workout twice a week, then workout twice a week. If you get three then good, but nothing should stop you at just one.

Rule No. 3. Out with the bad and in with the good. Higher quality foods, fresh fruits and vegetables, and water are your friends. Hunger is one part the desire for food in general, and another part is your body craving things in which it is deficient. Even if you eat a shitload of 'empty calories' they'll only satisfy you for a little while, and then you're back hungry again because you only balanced half the equation.

Suggestion: Sometimes the way you look at it makes a world of difference. Looking at as something you want to do vs. something you have to do changes it from something you dread to something you look forward to.
This.

Without a permanent change in habit, one cannot expect a permanent change in weight/health. DO NOT diet, form healthy eating habits that you can live with for the rest of your life. Your goal is to lose 2-4lbs a week, maybe a little more.

Try this as a starting point: Go on mypyramid.gov and enter the food you eat each day for a week. It will calculate what nutrients you're getting and is a great tool to see where you stand.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
16 Participants
Jbashant
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing