Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lose weight relatively fast.. about 1 pound every two days. I want to drop 70 lbs total so i can be at my ideal weight - 200lbs.

I know drinking green tea has helped me in the past to drop weight. I have almost stopped drinking soda pops so that helps, also drinking much more water.

What other tricks are there ( besides drugs) to drop weight. I understand exercise works, I am looking for other ways. Are there drinks ... do those weight loss shakes or Ensure help?

I would like to lose 70 lbs in two months.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Eating proper meals helps alot.
I want to loose about the same as you.
I meet with a nutrition coach at my gym.
I always thought eating less would help. Nope. You go into starvation mode and your body stores the fat.
I started about 3 weeks ago. Ive lost 14 lbs.
Youre only supposed to loose like 3-5 week, i think.
But I am eating way more food now than I was. I used to eat once or twice a day at the most.
Now its 3-4 meals and 3-4 healthy snacks of some kind.
I use this to track my calories. Works great.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

and this to see what you should be eating

http://www.ahealthyme.com/topic/calneed

By the way. I tried slim fast and a few other drinks. they did nothing.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
First off, I would suggest you setting realistic goals. 70 lbs in two months may be possible, but highly unlikely. You will have to eat super clean and whether you want to or not, you are going to have to exercise to lose such a large amount of weight in such a short period of time.

·
Highly unstable
32,025 Posts
you need to eat numerous smaller meals to keep your metabolism working.. try 6 meals, and you need to gradually decrease your total caloric intake as you lose weight.. also, you need to incorperate exercise. cardio work in your target heart rate zone is the best to help shed weight, but weight training will help build muscle and the more muscle you have the higher more calories you will burn due to thermogenics.. so, eat less calories spread out through the day, do cardio at your target heart rate, and lift weights to build muscle. and shoot for about a year to hit your goal. good luck.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Yep, more nutritious, frequent meals, and resistance training. I'm 40, I eat literally anything I want (fast food, deserts, ...) and I still have abs. It's all a lifestyle thing and being dedicated to it no matter what. Genetics doesn't hurt either.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
i know you said no pills, but an ECA stack will work great with all these other things. just be careful not to overheat yourself if you use it.

·
Banned
5,290 Posts
there are no miracles or tricks here... outside of drugs. but, even with drugs, the basics of metabolizing food remain relatively constant:

1) you will have to learn what macronutrient combinations and overall calories cause you to loose weight, maintain your weight, or gain weight. once you have this figured out, planning out your diet is easy. the hard part is figuring this out!

2) you must exercise. i know you said you are looking for other ways, but this is something that cannot be avoided if you want to loose weight properly. sorry, but there is no free lunch.

3) this is perhaps the biggest. you must remove the sense of enjoyment you get from consuming food. it has to change from being a reward to being just a staple to hold you over until the next meal. the satisfaction you associate with consuming food must diminish significantly in order to make this work. i am not saying that you cannot enjoy healthy meals, but the satisfaction will never equal what you get from pizza, ice cream, or cheeseburgers, etc. this is where most people fail... they have come to associate eating with intense pleasure, and cannot separate the two. when faced with healthy meals that do not offer the same satisfaction, they become depressed and end up going back to the comfort zone which made them fat in the first place.

of course there are drugs that can help, or even surgery. but these are temporary fixes... the ultimate goal is to create a lifestyle that incorporates healthy eating with a proper exercise regimen, where you will be able to maintain your ideal for life.

·
Deceptively fast Bob...
20,174 Posts
3) this is perhaps the biggest. you must remove the sense of enjoyment you get from consuming food. it has to change from being a reward to being just a staple to hold you over until the next meal. the satisfaction you associate with consuming food must diminish significantly in order to make this work. i am not saying that you cannot enjoy healthy meals, but the satisfaction will never equal what you get from pizza, ice cream, or cheeseburgers, etc. this is where most people fail... they have come to associate eating with intense pleasure, and cannot separate the two. when faced with healthy meals that do not offer the same satisfaction, they become depressed and end up going back to the comfort zone which made them fat in the first place.
QFT. I live this life, I'm so weak :crying

·
Banned
5,290 Posts
QFT. I live this life, I'm so weak :crying
i'm right there with you... while i eat clean all week (and i mean clean, like weighing out my food every morning, packing it up, and heading to work), but on the weekends i have to eat 3-4 meals of whatever i want or i will go crazy... oddly enough, this becomes necessary after you get your body's metabolism to the place where you burn fat all the time- if you don't eat some junk your metabolism will shut down!

i LOVE LOVE LOVE to eat rewarding food. BUT, i always tell myself that the transient satisfaction from one bad meal is nothing compared to the long term satisfaction i get from appeasing my vanity :biggrin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts