Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2008 GSXR 600 and sometimes when I ride it everything is perfect. Then sometimes I’ll be riding and it just looses power, rpm gauge 0,s out for maybe 2-3 seconds then picks back up. I’d say 1 out of 4 times I take it out it does it. I’ve done a recent service on it. Any suggestions?

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,101 Posts
Does the dash and other electrical components remain powered up during the outage? Dash the speedometer keep reading correctly? If so, you might have a problem with your sidestand switch, or perhaps the sidestand springs have weakened. It's a common problem; search the forum for more information.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes everything is still powered up it just looses all power then picks back up. I was thinking the exact same thing so I ordered some new springs and a new switch and see if that works. Thanks for the reply

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
I never had this problem but i just bent the little tab on the kickstand that makes contact with the switch. It has worked so far and you can see why this would happen. Try doing the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I feel like it’s a flaw on the bike bc I was high rpms and it just about threw me off the bike. Scared the crap out of me, so I’ve been hesitant to ride it. Imma try a new spring and switch and bend that tab hopefully that works

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,101 Posts
If you're going to replace the springs perhaps you should not bend the tab at the same time. I can't think of any specific danger but you don't want the switch to be actuated too soon. You might be able to test for the problem as follows: try shifting to first (with the engine stopped) and pulling the stand up. You should see the coolant temperature at the lower right of the dash (or dashes if it's cold). If you now lightly pull the stand down and you get 'CHEC' after a second or so, you probably have weak springs (or the stand is riding low for some other reason).

If the stand rides higher with the new springs and it doesn't do it any more, you should be OK.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine does this on my k7 but my immobiliser light flashes same time. I have datatool alarm fitted to mine so not sure which it could be

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Rhyswait94
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing