Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nicky will definitely run the #69 next year. This is just a photo shoot with the team and the RC212V in the Repsol colors. The #1 is in reference to the winning of the constructors championship.

·
Has been Texan longer than the cheerleader
26,430 Posts
Honda really wants that #1 on the bike.... Hell they had hell with Rossi in his contract negotiations back in the day because he insisted on having the #46 on his bike..... I'll be surprised if Nicky runs #69.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Honda is so pompous. Nicky has always ran #69 I think it would make him look stupid, especially since Vale has won 5 in a row and always stuck with his #46. Nicky wins it once and wants to rub it in........or is it Honda?

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
swami said:
Nicky will definitely run the #69 next year. This is just a photo shoot with the team and the RC212V in the Repsol colors. The #1 is in reference to the winning of the constructors championship.
Well, he told Greg White in an interview that he's going to run the #1 next year. There is a big post over on the WERA board regarding the #1 vs #69 (Nicky is a former WERA racer).

After Rossi kind fucked Honda and chose to run his regular number rather than the #1 after his 1st championship. I'm sure Honda now has it in every new rider contract that if you win the championship, you WILL ride with the #1.

njracer

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.