Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looks like the head of a tiny finishing nail. tire pressure is still normal. safe to ride still or? first time having a fucking nail. really prefer to not spend 250$ on a new tire just yet

·
Registered
334 Posts
Pull it out and cross your fingers....I wouldnt' ride w/ it especially if you ride at high rates of speed

Your Life > $250

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
i have a set of brand spanking new, never used or ridden on bridgestone 014s that came on my K5. I'll sell em to you cheap, drop me a PM or email if you're interested

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Pisser! I've bought new tires and got a nail first ride. $250 ! You dont need both tires do you? They can be plugged but there goes the Z rating.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i dont wanna be unsafe but im broke as shit because i just bought an assload of crap for my bike so i think ill take webcrush up on his offer and upgrade to some serious rubber later in the summer when i have more $. thanks guys

·
Registered
36 Posts
For 10 dollars you can get a kit at your local AutoZone, Walmart Etc. It comes with a Rasping tool, rubber cement, and these thick black strips of what looks like some type of compound. I have used this several times on my bikes and have had no problems. It is hard to explain but all you do is deflate the tire, pull the nail or screw out, rough up the hole with the rasping tool, and insert the strip that is caked on with rubber cement and insert it into the hole. Real easy and a huge money saver.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
I would not trust patched tires on a piece of machinery like a GSXR-1000.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have plugged a rear tire and have never had a problem after a week you cant even see where the tire was plugged
. but i would never plug a front tire

·
Registered
379 Posts
well i dont wanna be unsafe but im broke as shit because i just bought an assload of crap for my bike so i think ill take webcrush up on his offer and upgrade to some serious rubber later in the summer when i have more $. thanks guys
I feel ya. This may be bad advice but "plug and prey". I've ridden 1200 miles on a plugged tire (Rear). My friend rode around with 2 plugs on his R1 for two years(also rear tire) . I did end up getting a new tire before the tire was worn. I have to admit. Everytime that I was going fast with the plugged tire It was on my mind (well almost all the time
)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I wouldnt plug a front tire either.... but i have the worst luck with nails and have had to plug so many tires that I lost count. Couple years ago when I was stationed in Anchorage, Ak. I got a nail in the rear tire of my K1 right at the start of the damn season on my brand new M1's. I was so pissed but I plugged it and it lasted the whole season and 4000+ miles up there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts