Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just got started riding almost a year now. Currently I ride on a small GS500, I think im pretty good and feel confident enough to move up. I'm looking to get a used gixxer 600 soon if not next season, How much would it be around? Are there any specific things to look for that might cause problems or what not. Just asking for general information. Thanks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm still a squid myself so my knowledge is limited, but for reference I got a mint 96 750 with 5000 miles for $4500. They were asking $6900, but I put the ether on 'em.

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
well depending on what year 600 you are talking about the cam chain tensioner was an issue. also the fuel pump gasket, no biggie. they are great bikes, plentiful parts available since so much is interchangeable, and there's lots of em around

clearly, when buyin a used bike, check fork seals, bearings, tires, chain, motor, etc. You can tell what a bike has been thru pretty good.

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
good info. above...I'd look at a 97-98 600..there's a bunch of em out there, you should be able to snag one in pretty good shape for under 5k, depending on where ya live..I had a 97 600, and loved it..I had the suspension reworked..for track riding, the motor didn't give me any problems..it had 22k on it, just too bad it got totalled..

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
to get a gen1 srad, the 2000 was the last year b4 the redesign.....

jus fyi, in case you believe in forward evolution.....

IMO, you cant go wrong with any...

scott

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
ONLY 750 EVER MADE????????????????

DOES ANYONE ELSE BELIEVE THIS???

I GUESS ITS POSSIBLE, JUS SEEMS IVE SEEN ABOUT 5 OR SO IN THE PAST YEAR (DIFFERENT)

SCOTT

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha thanks for the info guys,750 might be jumping the gun a bit i just got started riding.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Originally posted by ipkx:
haha thanks for the info guys,750 might be jumping the gun a bit i just got started riding.
[/QUOT
hello: I started out on a 96 Gixxer750 and its a great bike to move up too. It is still mroe bike then need, but feel good about the possibilities that come with time. I do have the Gold and Brown edition and have to admit its a great bike and gets alot of attention. You wont go wrong moving up to a 750. It's all about respect and patience.
my 3 cents.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I like the gold also. I would take the 750. It is the same physical size as the 600, but has a lot more kick. You won't need to move up again in a year. I started out on a 750.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts