Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
No personal attacks, but I had a tank/side panel shipment that arrived trashed due to ...packaging, back in the day. I just got tired of the endless ensuing conversation and moved on because I can a) afford to absorb the mistake, and b) learn the lesson. We all make mistakes, both buyers and sellers.

The irony is that I ran across this thread right when I'm thinking about selling off most of my oil-cooled bike collection and parts.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
No personal attacks, but I had a tank/side panel shipment that arrived trashed due to ...packaging, back in the day. I just got tired of the endless ensuing conversation and moved on because I can a) afford to absorb the mistake, and b) learn the lesson. We all make mistakes, both buyers and sellers.

The irony is that I ran across this thread right when I'm thinking about selling off most of my oil-cooled bike collection and parts.
Definitely have learned a lot over the years as I’ve had my share of disappointments on my end/post office and or receiving. Thanks for the input cause yes we all make mistakes but sometimes you wish that person could have prevented them. And if that was me I apologize cause I know what it’s like being disappointed and losing out.

·
That’s Mister Chalet to you ....
8,893 Posts
Jesus Christ smh

@Capes86gsxr, I'm receiving unsolicited private messages from the weird guy that appear to be referring back to this thread FOUR MONTHS LATER? He's STILL trying to defend his position about why he chose to 'lash-out' at you but now, the reason has changed. If I'm to take his private messages at face value, now you actually ripped off 2 of his friends? That wasn't mentioned earlier in this thread. No, he ranted here that you are the reason people are charging so much for old scoots (which makes as much sense now as it did then).

Rest assured, no one here has anything but good things to say about you...... except the weird guy, apparently.

@Bunkman you are living-up to your custom title but warning: CHILL the fuck out. You are your own source of drama / trouble. No one else.

Font Screenshot Electronic device Software Multimedia

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
I wasn,t going to join this pissing match,but after reading more members attack Bunkman without knowing the whole story i,ve had enough.I had some very negative dealings with this Kevin character that i won,t get into.Maybe before you attack someone you better get all the facts!If anybody hasn,t liked the deals they done with me feel free to add me to the list.
I’ve had negative dealing with a lot of people too probably you were one of them!
I’ll add you to the list of people to avoid that’s for sure.keep hiding behind your profile name…… you could tell me who you are and where you from…. But I’ll find out anyway Peter!

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Jesus Christ smh

@Capes86gsxr, I'm receiving unsolicited private messages from the weird guy that appear to be referring back to this thread FOUR MONTHS LATER? He's STILL trying to defend his position about why he chose to 'lash-out' at you but now, the reason has changed. If I'm to take his private messages at face value, now you actually ripped off 2 of his friends? That wasn't mentioned earlier in this thread. No, he ranted here that you are the reason people are charging so much for old scoots (which makes as much sense now as it did then).

Rest assured, no one here has anything but good things to say about you...... except the weird guy, apparently.

@Bunkman you are living-up to your custom title but warning: CHILL the fuck out. You are your own source of drama / trouble. No one else.

View attachment 582480

yea some people are just not true Gsxr enthusiasts/collectors and wanna blame and point the finger cause they’re Broke as a Joke!

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
For the record…if I post online, I have zero issue saying it in person, face to face.
as any MAN should do and never come on a keyboard and claim accusations of this and that but cant elaborate on the situation. All of a sudden you guys come out the woodwork and wanna make little comments ect I’m on Facebook too much easier. Lots of cowards and self entitled broke ass time wasters out there having a midlife crisis!
“I live for this” #suzukiwayofLife
Born Again Fairings 💨

·
8,893 Posts
The Oil Cooled section has always stood out for getting along, without lots of drama...we help each other out.
Let's keep this fun kids.
Yes please. We had one peculiar drama queen lose his shit out here. He's banned. Let's get back to oiler subforum etiquette please. If anyone wants to do any bickering, do it in private messages.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I may consider selling my '86 750 that I bought new. It's in full superbike trim with a highly built reliable motor that requires 110+ octane race gas. I built it, the motor and raced it for several seasons, ran out of gas on the last lap of the last race I did. It has sat indoors in a temperature controlled dark and dry basement in Utah since about '92.

Gusseted steering head, rear backbone and uprights like Yosh. Bridged and gusseted swing arm. Ohlins rear shock, Marvic mag 17" wheels, Michelins 120/70, 180/55.
'90 Fork and calipers, rotors. Oil head cooler up front, ss hoses. Alternator block off, 36 Mikuni RS, Megacycle cams, RS valve springs, Ti retainers, Suz factory superbike rods, polished crank, slotted cam sprocket, manual tensioner Wisco 771cc.. Easy push start, no motor mechanical failures. I have the stock headlights, wiring harness and most parts too.

Give me a range what it's worth. I was going to lower the CR and put it on the street, but hell, I'm getting old, lol.

·
8,893 Posts
hey @nick49

Sorry about deleting / undeleting your post above just now. I brain farted and forgot this thread actually IS in classifieds (sorry, I'm getting old smh).

That bike of yours sounds completely badass. Post an actual thread with some pics, willya?

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts
Definitely have learned a lot over the years as I’ve had my share of disappointments on my end/post office and or receiving. Thanks for the input cause yes we all make mistakes but sometimes you wish that person could have prevented them. And if that was me I apologize cause I know what it’s like being disappointed and losing out.

fuggen carriers are so fricken careless these days, just got a electric guitar in box was just crashed in at one end, I dreaded opening it so it sat for a while, the pointy headstocks break so easy and this box was crushed on one end all the way to the other side.. somehow the guitar escaped, prolly cuz they mummified it in bubble wrap.. they all throw packages anymore, put them in the hot sunlight whatever they just don't care..

had my share of goods destroyed anymore I write notes in the comment box every time, PACKAGE WELL OR IT WILL BE DESTROYED BY CARRIER! when you think you have it packaged, then wrap it up some more... then try to deal with insurance on an expensive item.. trying to prove cuz you won an item for $700.00 its real value wasn't actually $3000..

that's another thing you must put in the comment or message the seller, INSURE THIS ITEM FOR $XXXX.XX ... do not insure based on what you paid for it but what its actual value is or you will never get it back if it's destroyed, and theyc an destroy some shyt... got a fookin great deal on a vintage charvette, pointy headstock snapped off right at the nut, ruined, so since he only insured it for what I paid for it thats all I could get, even tho it was easily worth 5 times that amount... so I ask seller to insure for whatever I feel its worth and pay for the extra insurance cuz its easy to prove what the true value is on these, not my fault seller gives me a good deal, once I pay for it its mine, and its worth full value once I own it, like a freakin stock when it splits, explaining that to a carrier is like pulling teeth...

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
I may consider selling my '86 750 that I bought new. It's in full superbike trim with a highly built reliable motor that requires 110+ octane race gas. I built it, the motor and raced it for several seasons, ran out of gas on the last lap of the last race I did. It has sat indoors in a temperature controlled dark and dry basement in Utah since about '92.

Gusseted steering head, rear backbone and uprights like Yosh. Bridged and gusseted swing arm. Ohlins rear shock, Marvic mag 17" wheels, Michelins 120/70, 180/55.
'90 Fork and calipers, rotors. Oil head cooler up front, ss hoses. Alternator block off, 36 Mikuni RS, Megacycle cams, RS valve springs, Ti retainers, Suz factory superbike rods, polished crank, slotted cam sprocket, manual tensioner Wisco 771cc.. Easy push start, no motor mechanical failures. I have the stock headlights, wiring harness and most parts too.

Give me a range what it's worth. I was going to lower the CR and put it on the street, but hell, I'm getting old, lol.
I have first option considering I took the time to create this post right….. 😆 🙏 💵 🏍

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·

Message sent with contact information

21 - 40 of 40 Posts