Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can’t compare it to a Yoshi Shorty, but I really like the sound of the Coffman. It came with the bike when I bought it, but I already have a loud ass fatboy. I think I’d like to enjoy riding with music that doesn’t have to be played in my headphones on 10 just to be heard over the Vance and Hines pipes.

The Coffman sounds similar to the two brothers and the M4 shorties to my ear. Some have compared it to the VooDoo shorty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW, the Coffman didn’t have a baffle when I got it. I bought one direct from the manufacturer thinking it would tame it as much as the baffles in my Fat Boy—the decibels drop appreciably, and the tome is deeper and more pleasing.

No such luck here. I was expecting it to go from a 10 to a 7, hoping for a 6. It went from a 10 to a 9—maybe 9.5–-in overall volume.

it’s not like a straight pipe, and I think it sounds great for a sportbike (coming from a guy that has 3 HDs). Just louder than I’d like.I piss off my neighbors enough already. 😉

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you! I just ordered yoshimura alpha exhaust on my bike. I thought about getting Austin racing exhaust but I don't want to annoy my neighbors since I tend to ride my bike super late at night or around 6am. LOL

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a Coffman Exhaust slip on shorty (seen here http://store.coffmansexhaust.com/catalog/product/2e93133a13104c32895ae860d6f17d46 ) on my K7 750. It sounds great, but I’ve already got one loud bike, and I’m thinking of going back to a stock muffler “slip on”. Anyone looking to get rid of theirs? I’d be willing to buy or discuss trade options.
I think I have one off of a Katana 600 I'm not sure if it's the same or not. That's funny because my other bike is also a Fatboy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts