Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First off, Merry Xmas to all here today. I have designed some cool looking billet rearset pegs. I am looking to have someone here to test and review this new product. These are for a stock rearset Not aftermarket! It will bolt on directly to the stock rearset bracket. It will still be able to flip up with the stock spring just as the OEM does. The peg will be able to rotate on the knuckle so you can adjust them just how you want them to be.
There will be a coarse diamond knurl on the top of the pegs (not shown)
I prefer someone that is in the warmer states that can actually give these a whirl. Not someone that will bolt them on and look at them in their garage till the snow passes. They will be made of 6061 billet alum.
These will fit 2006-2009 600 and 750's They may fit some of these yr 1K's but I am not sure of that just yet.
So if you are interested, please post up or PM me. :cheers

·
Only Here to LOL & +1....
8,002 Posts
Too cold up here but interested in the product................I realize these fold but I always wondered if it was possible to make a rigid peg for the stock rearsets with maybe a delrin end.

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
Will they look just like that or have some knurling on them?

I'd love to test them because I love tinkering with shit, but I'm on the disabled list for about another month :wait

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There will be a coarse diamond knurl on the top of the pegs only. If you want to test them out, a month is fine with me. New products take a bit of time to get rolling anyway. Hit me up in a pm if you are serious.
You live in a warm climate, and that is what I'm looking for at this time of the season.

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, customhawk is going to test these out for me and give a full review on them. Wont be ready for a few weeks or so. suzuki duke, If you still want to test them out when you are healed up, just pm me and we can make that work for you too.

Thanks guys. :cheers

·
Registered
577 Posts
I would love to have some on my track 750. Can't wait to hear a review.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'll be looking forward to the review!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Too cold up here but interested in the product................I realize these fold but I always wondered if it was possible to make a rigid peg for the stock rearsets with maybe a delrin end.
I am a fan of a solid mount also, but I don't mind the spring loaded ones either. The right side rear set can accommodate a solid mount (Like Woodcrafts) but there is no way to get the left side (shifter side) to accommodate a solid mount.

I can't wait for the review! :cheers

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If they will fit on my 02 i'll test them out.:cheers
They wont, and I'm sorry for this. I know, I need to start catering to the older bikes too. I'm just so busy designing stuff up, and the great thing is that 06-09 600 and 750's covers a lot of bikes if you know what I mean...:cheers

·
I killed Biggie and Tupac
6,053 Posts
Come on!! I wanna case chain guard in front of the front sprocket!! Pretty please??

·
Lets go racing!
7,568 Posts
They wont, and I'm sorry for this. I know, I need to start catering to the older bikes too. I'm just so busy designing stuff up, and the great thing is that 06-09 600 and 750's covers a lot of bikes if you know what I mean...:cheers
That sucks! lol Are u using solidworks to design your parts? Looks great! I've been tempted to get the software but it's expensive.:scratch

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pro-Lux would it be possible for you to design case savers?
Are you talking about the bolt on type that utilize the case cover bolts? Some people like them and some don't! The problem with these things is that in the event of a lowside, the bolts can shear off and now you are stuck with the stud of the bolt in the engine case. Not fun to get out.

·
Registered
280 Posts
First the bracket and now the pegs. You just take the plunge and design your own rearset. LOL. I'm sure a lot of ppl would bite at that.

anyways, I'll be waiting for the review. I'd be interested.

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
First the bracket and now the pegs. You just take the plunge and design your own rearset. LOL. I'm sure a lot of ppl would bite at that.

anyways, I'll be waiting for the review. I'd be interested.
Actually, I had both of these pieces designed up. I was working on designing a full set of rearsets, and got a bit side tracked with other projects. I also know that everyone and his brother make and sell full rearset kits. So this would be an alternative for a person who didnt want to purchase a full set cause they are expensive.
So you could use the adjustable plate and a better foot peg for a cheaper way out.

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I redesigned the u shaped knuckle joint tonight. (the pink colored part) I gave it a more rounder shape. I think it looks a lot better now.
If you look at the original model I posted in this thread, you can see the difference!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts