Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for info on the various different types of CV carbs available for 1100s (stock suzuki items). (preferably 36, 38 and 40mm versions)

What Im after is:

Center - Center measurement (note this is not the same as the spacing between the carbs, this is the measurement (on the intake side) between the middle of 1 carb and the middle of the next one)

External Diameter (intake side)

External Diameter (Filter side)

Measurements in mm if possible please

Thx guys!

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
38mm carbs came stock for 750 models alot of guys install them on 1100 engines for they flow more air same for the 750 engine heads also. why you need measurements.? just curious?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking to change the bike over to a custom FI system, using throttlebodies from a late date gixxer (thou probly), but without knowing what the spacings and external diameters of the origional carbs are, I cant select any throttlebodies that will fit into the inlet rubbers

·
Registered
396 Posts
One year the Canadian 1100's came with 40mm carbs that will of course bolt right up if you have the boots for them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeh, but that dont exactly help does it? Since Im not fitting carbs, I just want their dimentions.

Besides, Id never put 40mm CVs on a stock motor, they nearly drown the damn thing.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i cant help but please keeep us up to date with your project ,i am very interested.(about time someone did this)

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Center - Center measurement (note this is not the same as the spacing between the carbs, this is the measurement (on the intake side) between the middle of 1 carb and the middle of the next one)

External Diameter (intake side)

External Diameter (Filter side)

Thx guys!
you can find center to center measurement right here, do a search, its been discussed before.

I dont have the actual measurements, but I can tell you the OD of the engine side of 38&40mm CV's is the same. Only change is ID. On the filter side dimensions are the same, too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you can find center to center measurement right here, do a search, its been discussed before.

I dont have the actual measurements, but I can tell you the OD of the engine side of 38&40mm CV's is the same. Only change is ID. On the filter side dimensions are the same, too.
Interesting, Kinda makes me wonder why some guys have so much hastle fitting 38's to their 1100s, trying to squeeze them into 36 rubbers etc... if they fit just fine into 40's

Also a bit of an added bonus, since I have a set of 38s somewhere to measure up.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
well.... 38&40 boots are the same, but they are different than 36's.

Euro spec 91/2 1100's had 40mm cv's, so you can fit 38's as well, 36's will be too loose.

US 1100's had 36mm's, 89-92.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Dunno if it's of any use or not - but the KZ carb applications and oil-cooled GSXR applications cross-over - and that doesn't help anything I know, but what it does mean is that if you can find a set of throttle-bodies from an E.F.I. GPz 1100 (1983/84 IIRC) then they should fit pretty easily.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts