Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just as the title states, im looking for maybe some under armor i can wear beneath my textile jacket. i did a quick search and found mixed reviews on that ICON field armor vest. personally im looking for more shoulder protection and something more snug for my elbows. I dont stunt or do wheelies, just looking for more protection in case i go down in the twisties..

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i checked a couple, but their selection wasnt all that great

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Bohn makes some pretty good stuff so I hear. I think they're the ones that always advertise in the back of the magazines. They have this thing that looks like a spandex wetsuit with hard armor built in. Keep in mind you'll get impact protection but not abrasion protection.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think i may go with this. comes with a back protector too

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just checked out the ICON field armor vest piece for the first time and i wasnt impressed. the only decent part about it was the back protector piece. the front chest piece had very little padding. I tried on the regular size (comes in reg & XL) and it still felt like a small...but then again it is a vest, so maybe that's how it's suppose to fit. I guess for $75 it's not a horrible deal but i would rather spend extra $$ for better armor. I would rate it 5.5/10

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
IgNiTe600 said:
i just checked out the ICON field armor vest piece for the first time and i wasnt impressed. the only decent part about it was the back protector piece. the front chest piece had very little padding. I tried on the regular size (comes in reg & XL) and it still felt like a small...but then again it is a vest, so maybe that's how it's suppose to fit. I guess for $75 it's not a horrible deal but i would rather spend extra $$ for better armor. I would rate it 5.5/10

Alot of guys wear those here, just over there tank tops. I guess they are not worried about there arms..:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.