Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for Keihins or Mikuni\'s

Looking for a bigger set of carbs for the street. 39 or 41 FCR Keihins, possibly CR Keihins or 40 mm Mikuni flatslides..

Carbs should be side-drafts,not down-drafts.

CR Flatslside should be side-draft.

If any one has any for sale let me know..

Missed out on the one set I wanted (40mm Mikuni's RS flats), the other set was a set of downdrafts (39mm FCR Keihins)....

Thanks,

JDB1371

[ 06-27-2002, 08:10 AM: Message edited by: J.D. ]

·
Registered
139 Posts
Re: Looking for Keihins or Mikuni\'s

Wow!

Them are some big carbs! Good thing your at sea level!!
I'll keep my eyes open

·
Registered
45 Posts

I might be able to get a set of 38yoshi/mikuni I sold them to a guy a while back he told me he's not using them they are a mikuni carb made for yoshi with roller slides red bodies and strange stacks never seen anything like them before or since but you would have to get them from down under i'm getting new camera tommorow i'll post pic next week stay tuned.
ps. I got them off a gsxr750k

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

fast sidecar & Jay (from previous post),

Fast sidecar,

If you can get me some pics and let me know how much he wants for them, that would be cool...
VERY INTERESTED IN THEM....

Jay,

If I go with Mikuni and cannot find a good deal on a set, due to me building a motor at the same time, I will be getting them from APE....

ALSO, to anyone who may have a set of the Keihin flatsides, they need to be the HORIZONTAL ONES....

Later,

JDB1371

[ 06-28-2002, 07:30 AM: Message edited by: J.D. ]

·
Registered
434 Posts

try ProFlow they have a web site I believe they are the Mikuni guys now whats weird is you have to go to ProFlow to get the sudco tuning manuel for mikunis not sudco. Anyway they have all the jets and stuff available for mikuni as well as new carbs if memory serves new 38 or 40 are about 600.00

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

rdauenhauer,

My cousin has a set of lectrons 40mm on his 1340cc and they are fun, but not very streetable, no real way of idlig the carbs, because they are either on or off, so to speak.

But, when you crack the throttle HOLD ON!!!!!

Very good drag carbs, but from what I am hearing I think your keihins would be a better choice for the street and road track, then the mikuni's in that order.

Later,

JDB1371

1 - 8 of 8 Posts