Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a GSXR 1100 from a friend that set the bike up to drag race with a high compression ported head from Fast by Gas,but my problem is valves dropping due to timing problem being off by only degrees.The solution for my problem is to detune the motor so I can street ride with friends. Please help with any compatible head to fit a 19991 GSXR 1100 motor. I am not sure which years have same bolt up pattern.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
There are many solutions to your problem.Dropping valves?Whattya mean?They're hitting the pistons?Are the cams in right?They could be off a tooth and this would let them hit the pistons..If you want to drop compression,you could put a thicker head or base gasket on.You could also hook up the Dyna 2000 like 1255 said.Then you can adjust your timing to where you want it.But this would not change your CR though.If you just want to swap heads,you could use a 89-90 head(rocker arm)or the 91-92(shim) head.You could even use a 750 head,all bolt up the same.I would go with the rocker arm head though.Shim heads have a tendency to spit shims under drag use if the right modifications are not done to prevent it.Definitely need some more specific info from you.If you just swap to a stock head,all the other hi-performance stuff(cams,carbs,etc.) might not work like you think and you might be dissapointed.

[ 03-23-2002, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: oldgixxer ]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts