Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys and Gals,

Do any of you have a 1127 cc, GSXR OR KATANA Crankshaft, stock or aftermarket, GUARANTEED TO BE STRAIGHT....

LET ME KNOW...

THANKS,

JDB1371

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
JD just a heads up, you probably already know, but the gsxr 1127 cranks were prone to snapping, I would try to fins a kat crank I heard that they are a bit stonger as well, umm and I think you could use a bandit crank as well
go look here for cranks...
-Karl

·
Registered
658 Posts
The 1127 cranks have a high failure rate. About 30% of them we get in our crank shop fail mag, meaning they are cracked.

The Katana (88) crank has a helical clutch gear, so you have to use the katana clutch basket assembly also.

If you buy a used one, be sure to make the deal so you can send it back if it fails mag.

It seems that about 50% of the people that have their cranks fail with us, want them back. I wouldn't even want to guess what they are going to do with them.

Your best bet is to bite the bullet and get a new one ($600 ?)
http://www.gsxrzone.com/cranks.html

Jay

[ 07-24-2002, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Jay ]

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jay,

Thanks for the info... I have spoke with Suzuki and the want 685.00 for one + shipping....

I just want one for me wanting to stroke it 5mm over....

That why I was asking for a used one so it could be worked over by APE and stroked while it was there as well...

JDB1371

[ 07-25-2002, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: J.D. ]

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
i have a katana crank sitting at the shop that will be perfect for what you are doing...give me a call...oh, you have mail...

dwayne

[ 07-25-2002, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: BBWATERCOOL ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts