Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damnd if I can find a new system for a franken gixer I just bought. It's currently running a full Yoush system. They no longer make pipes for older Gixxers. So far all I've found is D&D and I'm not too sure I want to settle for them. Anyone out there know of a known good system for these things. My main concern is that it's an 89 750 stuffed into an 86 frame. Help please...

·
Registered
255 Posts
try a vance and hines supersport system......they are about $325 new and sound very good......get the race baffle too......if you wanna make alot of friends in your neighborhood.......lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I crashed a 90 FZR 600 with that pipe on it last year. Made alot of friends. The gixxer is going to make even more, there is nothing in the can except carbon deposits. I saw an 89 on bikepics.com with that system. They don't have one listed on their site.

·
Registered
255 Posts
sorry man I just checked out my pingel catalog......supersports only available for the 891100 my bad.......the only pipe I saw in there was the d+d you were refering too........

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have the D&D on mine and am very happy with it. Good quality and fit except for where the can bolts up by the passenger pegs, I had to put a 3/4" spacer between the can's barcket and the mount on the bike. Otherwise it looks great and sounds great. I give D&D extra props for sticking with us old schoolers when alot fo others are bailing out.

John

·
Registered
43 Posts
I called yosh direcktly about my 92 and they said they dident have any listing for my bike but if i gave them the lenth of the canister and inlet size id they could match some thing up from a difforent bike. i hope that helps some

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd like to stick with Yosh, problem is my headers are really rusty and the can is beat to hell. I'd like to find a stainless system, as I'm going to hang on to this one for a long time. Perhaps I might just call them directly myself and see what can be done. I really like that tri-oval dual exit pipe
yummy!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Try Hindle. They make a full stainless system for the old schoolers, it also happens to be the lightest on the market.

I couldn't be happier with the fit a finish of my system, still haven't heard it as bike is in progress. They are mean't to be good for power as well.

Just a thought.

Adrock.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by spike52:
His name is "bigdubya"<hr></blockquote>

Oh really...you should read this first...

posted 02-21-2002 11:15 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ya, it's totally lame. GixxerRick was gonna sell them, but then sold them to BigDubya. I can see that, though... I mean, if he was in a hurry to get rid of them, I just missed out... but the lame part is BigDubya KNOWS I want blue/white plastics b/c he sells a lot of plastics on the forsale forum, and I've e-mailed him like 3-4 times about plastics and he's never had the part I'm looking for. That would explain why like as soon as he gets the plastics, he e-mails me saying he'll "give me first dibs" at $1500
---------------------------------------
here's the thread...
http://www.gixxer.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=20&t=005648

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ClassicGSXR:
Micron still makes a system<hr></blockquote>

Same here

·
Super Moderator
17,291 Posts
Well, never dealt wit bigdubya..some have said he's OK...I wouldn't know!! Just helpin out a fellow Gxr........

Ripoff dudes

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by spike52:
Well, never dealt wit bigdubya..some have said he's OK...I wouldn't know!! Just helpin out a fellow Gxr........

Ripoff dudes
<hr></blockquote>

Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not bashing Bigdubya. I have no firsthand knowledge of any negative or positive feedback. I posted the links/quote for the same reason you did...to help him out. I hope he scores a good pipe with minimal hassle. The other link could be an isolated situation.

·
Super Moderator
17,291 Posts
I have the V & H SS2r on my Gixxer..It sounds very purty...I'd recomend it!!! There's guy in the For Sale section that has 'em for your bike..Check it out!!

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
My current bike is a big of a bastard header/pipe-wise. Currently have SS Supertrapp headers into an Arrow Carby end can. Have ordered the complete Arrow header collector system so as to have something a little more modern before it too gets delisted. Then I'll keep the SuperTrapp as a pattern spare. Not looking forward to all the header wrap and spray again, but what the hell.

Give them a try at www.arrow.it and see if they stock something for your machine.

Just found out yesterday that Akro has delisted my '93, so the shit is slowly hitting the fan. Soon will have to cobble up custom shit

1 - 19 of 19 Posts