Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI Yoshimura has stopped producing parts for anything pre-1996
check out Micron Hindle Wolf
I personally am planning on a Micron or Hindle for my next pipe depending on which is lighter
-Karl

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
race zyclone or no? stainless or mild? the mild stell one is shit and heavy, that is the same systm that came on my bike when I got it, well a mild steel zyclone race system with a aluminum can but it is still heavy. As far as I know the yosh will put out a couple more hp thn the Vance and Hines, but I recomend hindle or micron
-Karl

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
would it be worth $325 to invest in the yoshi its a (according to parts 411) zyclone full system with stainless canister, and thats all it says

my thing is i don't wanna spend 550 or more on a hindle or micron if they even make one, which i called micron at one time and they said all they had was one for a 90 and that wont fit

so i thought i should go with yoshi cuz i found this one for less than 350 and i like stainless steel for longivity purposes i could care less about weight, the real question how many more ponies would the yoshi put out over the v&h and would it sound a whol lot differnet???

·
Registered
148 Posts
hey klipsch gixxer, how many teeth are there on your sprockets? i'm trying to find out if mine are stock or already messed with.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First I would dyno the bike to get a base line, and then check to see if parts 411 has the actual pipe in stock becausse as far as I was told by Yoshimura they are out of and no longer plan to produce oil cooled parts, that being said if it is the stainless race system I would expect between 2-10 more hp over a stock base line
-Karl

·
Registered
461 Posts
Originally posted by KJ1:
I personally am planning on a Micron or Hindle for my next pipe depending on which is lighter
-Karl
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey Karl, I just got a stainless Hindle 4-2-1 for my 86 1100. I have not gotten the can yet, but the pipe itself weighs 5lbs. the can is another 3(carbon/Ti)to 4(aluminum)lbs.

In the October 99 issue of sport rider the Hindle full system weighed 10lbs 4oz and increase power by 9.7hp and 2.4lbs-ft of torque.

the Micron weighed 15lbs 2oz and increased power by 8.1hp and 1.1 lbs-ft of torque.

the bike was a 99 GSXR750, and they did not map he bike, they let the fuel injection compensate(don't know how well that works with an open loop system), so there would be more power with jetting/mapping.

the Hindel is almost 5 lbs lighter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts