Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iv been looking for an 1100 motor for a wile and havent mad much luck. im looking for an oil cooled motor for a 92 gix dose any one know ware i can get one, and what do they ushualy cost for a good runing motor? I cant afford a new bike so i figure this is the next best thing. pleas help

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Every so often you'll see a motor on EBay for $1200 to $3000 depending on what the bidding does and the extent of modifications. If you're not in a hurry they're out there. If you NEED one you could get one used from a wrecking yard or a performance shop (Lee Shierts, Motorcycle Performance or any other) but expect to pay more. Keep an eye out for the other forms of the oil cooled motor...Katanas and Bandits.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when i do find my motor are there any things i should specifickly look for ? and are the katana and bandit motors good subs for the 1100 gsxr motor . im trying to do my homework on this subject becouse my bike is almost perfict but i want the 1100 in it and then it will be

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Try to stay with the 86-90 1100 motors they have a Multi spring clutch and adjustible rockers. The multi spring clutch is also in the Bandit and Katana but they use the shim under bucket head. You will also find them listed regularly on dragbike.com. The 86-88 1052 has fewer crank problems than the 1127 as well.
Bones

[ 03-12-2002, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Bones_GSXR ]

·
Registered
55 Posts
Originally posted by jkday:
when i do find my motor are there any things i should specifickly look for ? and are the katana and bandit motors good subs for the 1100 gsxr motor . im trying to do my homework on this subject becouse my bike is almost perfict but i want the 1100 in it and then it will be
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The Katana motor is somewhat the same, the only difference is the cams. I believe the Katana motor has a bit mor torque, but a little less hp. Also when you do find one, look on the side of the cyclinder block to see if it is a 1127 or a 1089cc. 1089 was 1986-88 ( I think ).

·
Registered
354 Posts
the 1200 bandit will bolt right in change the cams to some nice hot ones you will need the carbs and cdi box also but if you do this you will have a gsxr1200 done it twice it all depends on what you want out of the bike ours has been going strong for a year if you cant find hot cams put a 1100 intake cam in the exhaust slot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts