Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1996 GSXR 750
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1996 GSXR 750. Bike had aftermarket turn signals installed when I bought the bike. The turn signals are Kinstecks sequential signals available on Amazon (https://www.amazon.ca/Kinstecks-Mot...s_9153730011_sccl_10/145-3155351-9077969?th=1) and other online stores. They are very dim. Other vehicles might be able to see my turn signals at night (maybe) but certainly not in daylight. I am looking to upgrade to something brighter. Every turn signal available online says, "very bright" or "extremely bright' but none of them provide lumen brightness values (that I can find). I am hoping not to have to spend a fortune on turn signals. I know, you get what you pay for, I get that. But hopefully there are some turn signals that are cheap and still bright enough to be seen in during the day. Pretty well anything will be better than the crap I have now. Looking forward to hearing what others have recently purchased and if they are happy with them.

· You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
11,117 Posts
These look better as they have a larger lens and look like they'll be more visible. But there's no information on brightness. This sequential stuff sounds neat at first but you're going to be able to tell what direction you're turning by the side of the bike that the signal is on. It makes more sense to have the entire light on (and blinking). So I'm inclined to say that it's a gimick. I'm thinking that an indication of brightness is the current draw (treat incandescent and LED separately). But even it is hard to come by. BTW, Kinstecks seems to be a Chinese company. This might be of interest as he gives lumen and amperage values.

· Registered
1996 GSXR 750
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These look better as they have a larger lens and look like they'll be more visible. But there's no information on brightness. This sequential stuff sounds neat at first but you're going to be able to tell what direction you're turning by the side of the bike that the signal is on. It makes more sense to have the entire light on (and blinking). So I'm inclined to say that it's a gimick. I'm thinking that an indication of brightness is the current draw (treat incandescent and LED separately). But even it is hard to come by. BTW, Kinstecks seems to be a Chinese company. This might be of interest as he gives lumen and amperage values.
I'm not a fan of sequential lights either. But the issue with my lights is they are too dim, even if I had all the LED lit at the same time (i.e. no sequence), they would still be too dim. The first link is for other Kinstecks lights. I already have some some Kinstecks and they suck - not going there again. The second link is for bulbs only. Unfortunately, I need complete turn signals, not just bulbs.

· Premium Member
8,056 Posts
on my SRAD I have R6 flush mount LED's in front, got em at cyclegeer, they fit inside the cavity where the stock signals bolt up so they are very flush, I made a custom plate hanger and I put tabs for bolt on signals and I used 2019 BMW1000RR signals, but any LED type works just like the size of the RR's.. plus its all legal, a HD relay and they blink normal

· Registered
1996 GSXR 750
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, rightly or wrongly, I just ordered at set of 4 universal turn signals from Amazon, these . At $44 Cdn, I'm not expecting them to be great, just hoping they are brighter than the junk I have now. These lights have good reviews on Amazon, if that means anything. If they turn out to be crap, hopefully I can return them for a full refund. Delivery in two weeks, I'll provide an update when I receive and install them.

· Registered
1996 GSXR 750
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update. I received the turn signals from Amazon after one week. They were very well packed. I’ve installed them and I’m quite happy with them. They look good, and they are much brighter than the previous aftermarket turn signals I had. See video below the left signal Is my old turn signal, and the right is the new ones I just bought. I’m sure they were better turn signals out there, but for $44 for four of them I think it’s pretty good deal.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts