Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey a while back ago I got a nice 95 1100 Vortex triple and had a bugger of a time installing it.All was fine, I went to the cat garage and put my bike on her front stand and we noticed quite a bit of drag. Well to make this story short my top 95 1100 triple top is throwing the rake off alittle causing the brakes to rub alittle more than they should.anyone out there have a 1993 GSXR600 triple?
Bobbychet

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
you sure its because of the triple? Some dragging is normal...

I cant think of the top triple causing your brakes to rub.... Perhaps the steering will drag some, but definitely not your brakes...

·
Has been Texan longer than the cheerleader
26,430 Posts
Bobby I think I have one hanging in my garage...... I will send pics tonight if I get my PC back up and running.

I did find it odd that you were actually able to fit the 95 1100 top clamp to the 93 600 bottom clamp...... the offsets were different by a few mm.

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool thanks Dan PM me with a price if you have one,I did have to force her on alittle hard to get her to fit.She's drivable but there is more drag than I like. Is Paypal ok?
thanks Bobbychet

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dan not much left just some radiators and some 52mm two bros clip on risers
tails are gone the CF protectors gone. I can post pics of what's left tonight
Bobby

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it's for an 1100 but you can trim it around the marker light and she works just fine
Dublife probably would like that too

·
Registered
155 Posts
Bobby how much are you looking to get out of that 2001 tail? Ive got the main repairs done to the 01 sixxer upper and right side from the 01 I wrecked back in November and need to start collecting all the other little stuff i need to do the swap like the tail, headlight windshield and whatever else I might need.

That thread dissappeared with the details for your swap, is there a write up somewhere on it with pictures? So far my idea is use the fairing stay for an 01 modified to fit on the front so the headlight bolts on like a stock 01 and fab up a few brackets and then build an alluminum tube sub for the rear, but its all just brainstormed so far, so id like to study yours.

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey I'll sell my 2001 tail and cowl for a benny plus shipping.yeah you'll need a 2001 front stay andsome flat bar to bring the stay up about an inch. I just mated a 2001 subframe with a 93 one to get my tail to work.
Bobbychet

·
Registered
314 Posts
I just picked up the side fairings for a 2001. Doing the same thing, just a year or so behind. Let me know how you fabbing goes on the front stay as I'll be doing that to in a couple of months.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts