Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been riding for some time now but still afraid of the lean. I’m wanting to know if anyone knows of a track school local to East Tennessee that a first timer can go to and not get laughed off the track. Any help would be awesome thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
No one at the track really gives a f*ck about how slow you are. Everyone there is pretty happy to give you tips too. Just go , you’ll learn just how much traction your tires really have. I took a ninja 300 to my first track day. I went to Willow Springs, which is the “fastest track west of the Mississippi.” I was getting passed by everyone on my first day. Everyone was on a 600 or bigger bike. My bike topped out at 105 in the straight. My buddy took a 1k and he was hitting 140-150 at turn 8.

Second day was a different story. My buddy wanted to ride with me (his an A group guy) so he took my 300 and I took his 1k out in a session. My dude lapped me and I was just dumbfounded. Next session I just sent it and god damn was I going way faster. Turns out seeing him rip on my 300 was the only thing I needed to see. Needless to say, I Learned way more in that one weekend than I have in years of riding on the street. I also got some tips from a Motoamerica rider. Again these guys are really happy to give you tips. JUST GO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do I find a track. I still have to buy a suit so it’ll be fall before I’ll be able to go. Is there any places you would recommend

·
Registered
294 Posts
I’ve been riding for some time now but still afraid of the lean. I’m wanting to know if anyone knows of a track school local to East Tennessee that a first timer can go to and not get laughed off the track. Any help would be awesome thanks in advance.
I'm a coach with the California Superbike School. I'm currently en-route to Virginia International Raceway where we are running a school for the next four days. We coach at several east coast tracks twice a year and would never ever "laugh anyone off the track."

I think it's great that you are looking into getting some quality instruction and on-track riding time and would be happy to answer any of your questions should you have any about CSS or track riding/racing in general :)

Fire away!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts