Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been riding for some time now but still afraid of the lean. I’m wanting to know if anyone knows of a track school local to East Tennessee that a first timer can go to and not get laughed off the track. Any help would be awesome thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
No one at the track really gives a f*ck about how slow you are. Everyone there is pretty happy to give you tips too. Just go , you’ll learn just how much traction your tires really have. I took a ninja 300 to my first track day. I went to Willow Springs, which is the “fastest track west of the Mississippi.” I was getting passed by everyone on my first day. Everyone was on a 600 or bigger bike. My bike topped out at 105 in the straight. My buddy took a 1k and he was hitting 140-150 at turn 8.

Second day was a different story. My buddy wanted to ride with me (his an A group guy) so he took my 300 and I took his 1k out in a session. My dude lapped me and I was just dumbfounded. Next session I just sent it and god damn was I going way faster. Turns out seeing him rip on my 300 was the only thing I needed to see. Needless to say, I Learned way more in that one weekend than I have in years of riding on the street. I also got some tips from a Motoamerica rider. Again these guys are really happy to give you tips. JUST GO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do I find a track. I still have to buy a suit so it’ll be fall before I’ll be able to go. Is there any places you would recommend

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not sure where in east Tn you are, but I'm in Rogersville and it puts me about 5hrs from CMP, VIR, Barber and little Tally. Around 4hrs from Road A, so plenty of tracks within a days drive easily. So, get the Road Racing World copy Elduder mention to find you a day somewhere!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I’ve been riding for some time now but still afraid of the lean. I’m wanting to know if anyone knows of a track school local to East Tennessee that a first timer can go to and not get laughed off the track. Any help would be awesome thanks in advance.
I'm a coach with the California Superbike School. I'm currently en-route to Virginia International Raceway where we are running a school for the next four days. We coach at several east coast tracks twice a year and would never ever "laugh anyone off the track."

I think it's great that you are looking into getting some quality instruction and on-track riding time and would be happy to answer any of your questions should you have any about CSS or track riding/racing in general :)

Fire away!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Misti Hurst
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing