Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hitting the gym about 4-6 times a week for the last 6 weeks and although I've lost 13 lbs and feel that I've gotten stronger I'm looking to get to that next level. I'm entering a fitness competition at work for the next 8 weeks. Basically it's a weight loss program for most but I'm looking to tone up and gain some muscle mass. I've been doing the following for the past few weeks.

Cardio Running/Elliptical for 30-45 mins most days.
Free weights/machines splitting up chest, back, arms, legs/shoulders and throwing in abs into 4 days. I've been doing 3 sets at 20/15/12 reps and adjust the weight accordingly.

I've been taking EAS Myoplex after working out as well as EAS CLA per instructions.

Can someone suggest what I need to change and add for the fitness part and a good nutrition plan. I know that diet is the better portion of seeing results so advice is definitely needed.

Thanks in advance and let me know if I need to provide more information.

·
Registered
636 Posts
lower the reps and up the weight. i know your trying to burn the fat but running and elliptical that much is already doing it's job!
push your muscle's through the fat by making them bigger then tone them out with resistance training and higher reps!
do many sets of 6-8 at sets that u are struggling on the last rep! look online at what "supersets" are and try them.
remember, if it doesn't hurt the next morning u didn't do enough!
but don't overtrain. that's a huge cause of minimal muscle gains!

BTW. when i was 18 (last year) i weighed 173lbs., benched 305', squatted 460', and deadlifted 570'. i competed in teen contests and had an all natural bodybuilder train me! just letting ya know so u don't think i'm just another stupid kid trying to get big lol
good luck

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lower the reps and up the weight. i know your trying to burn the fat but running and elliptical that much is already doing it's job!
push your muscle's through the fat by making them bigger then tone them out with resistance training and higher reps!
do many sets of 6-8 at sets that u are struggling on the last rep! look online at what "supersets" are and try them.
remember, if it doesn't hurt the next morning u didn't do enough!
but don't overtrain. that's a huge cause of minimal muscle gains!

BTW. when i was 18 (last year) i weighed 173lbs., benched 305', squatted 460', and deadlifted 570'. i competed in teen contests and had an all natural bodybuilder train me! just letting ya know so u don't think i'm just another stupid kid trying to get big lol
good luck

Thanks for the help. I started out today doing 4 sets of 8 reps each with heavier weights. How many sets should I be looking at doing?

·
Registered
6 Posts
protein creatien. if you want use a pre workout sup like no xplode or i perfer NO shotgun like rm750 said up the weight lower the reps 6-8 four reps eat right casue you should be only in the gym 1 hour a day intense training and eating right is gonna help the other 23 hrs of the day. also make sure your forum is good thats gonna help you alot. you said you lost 13 pounds how much do you weight and how tall are you in shape or just starting off on your quest to fitness.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
protein creatien. if you want use a pre workout sup like no xplode or i perfer NO shotgun like rm750 said up the weight lower the reps 6-8 four reps eat right casue you should be only in the gym 1 hour a day intense training and eating right is gonna help the other 23 hrs of the day. also make sure your forum is good thats gonna help you alot. you said you lost 13 pounds how much do you weight and how tall are you in shape or just starting off on your quest to fitness.
The higher weight and lower reps has been helping out great so far. I'm much more sore the next day and feel like I'm getting a better weight workout. I'm 5' 2 and weighed in at 141 at work Tuesday (7 lbs down from where I started at 6 weeks ago). I'd like to be around 120 but be much more tone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Brooks
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing