Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Suzuki riders. Im Looking for a few parts for my 1999 GSXR 750. I was wondering if anyone had any info on how i can come across some used parts for my gixxer. Im looking for for the rpm,temp,mph cluster bracket. Also headlight complete assembly unit. And while im at it im looking for the bracket which supports the top of the upper and connects to the frame of the bike.

My bike came with a full Yoshi exhaust, and a power command, with K&N filter. im getting 175 on the top end. I was wonder if there is anything else i can add to this formula and increase my top end by hopfully five to ten mph.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
ebay.com

people even sell their soul on that

personally, i've bought headlight, bracket, indicators, magazines, radiator, etc

·
Registered
295 Posts
well im sure a few of us wonder why you want to increse your top end? thats hella fast man. To offer a sugestion though which is what you asked, you can actually add a front sprocket with more teeth, or add a rear sprocket with fewer teeth and you will get a higher top speed with sacrifice to acceleration, you speedo will show slower than you are going though, but you can figure out the percentage change and calculate anyway.

parts, ebay and watch on the for sale area on here, or even post a want add on here. thats how i do it with great success

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you much Fellers for your reply. I will look into Ebay and other such suggestions. Now im reconsidering the fact of increasing my top end, due to not want to sacrifising my lower end. Im gonna still need that around town for the short distance stand offs. Right now my main consern is to replace my headlight assembly and cluster bracket. Im really happy to have found a sight to be able to talk to and ask questions to other Gixxer riders. You have been a great help. Wish you all safe riding but also keep a open throttle. Remember to most we rule the road and to others we are a thorn in their sides.

KEVIN

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Ok first off.. What mods are done to your bike??? Cause I know for fact that the top speed on our bikes is only 173 MPH in the speed trap at sea level when stock. So if all you have is a pipe I would not think you are able to hit 175 unless you have a really long road and some tail wind...

REMEMBER, your speedo is off by at least 5%. So you would really be looking at like 167MPH... Now most speedos are more like 10% error... and that would then put you down at like 157MPH...

Now... If you can hit red line in 6th gear then you would put a smaller rear sprocket or a larger front and get a bit more top speed.. But if I know this bike, you are not going to hit red line in 6th gear with the stock gearing and no motor mods.

So if you want more top speed you will need to rip into the motor and more power cause the wind drag on the bike is going to limit your top speed the most out of everything.

John

·
Registered
230 Posts
I can't help you with those but I have a tank and a front upper in red and black for a 99 gsxr.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Let me know if still need these parts.I have the fairing stay,but it's polished(and not black anymore),I am getting rid of my headlight and going to put projector beams on my race upper(but it has broken tabs),and the gauge bracket is going also cause I'm making a custom one for my digital gauges(different mounting).Let me know

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jimmy are all four of the tabs broken on the headlight assembly? I do very much so want the cluster bracket. I left you a private message with info on how you can reach me. thank you for the reply

Kevin

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
i have all the parts you need..e-mail me with what you still need bro.

Jay
[email protected]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you both Jimmy and Jay. I do still need the parts which i requested, and its just a matter which of you's get back at me with what is still available and how much. Again I thank you both for your help. Since this is coming up to a weekend and i dont have a computer at home, Im hoping one or both of you's can leave me a email on how to get intouch wit you and when i get to my girlfriends house over the weekend and get either or both memo's i will try to reach ya. Thanks again and ride safe

Kevin

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Originally posted by POWEREDBY_GIXXER750:
Thank you both Jimmy and Jay. I do still need the parts which i requested, and its just a matter which of you's get back at me with what is still available and how much. Again I thank you both for your help. Since this is coming up to a weekend and i dont have a computer at home, Im hoping one or both of you's can leave me a email on how to get intouch wit you and when i get to my girlfriends house over the weekend and get either or both memo's i will try to reach ya. Thanks again and ride safe

Kevin
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">if interested, i have a really sweet top mount damper, a billet vortex triple tree , a carbon triple tree cover, relocator plates, and several other items fro sale for your bike...

email me at
[email protected]

scott

·
Registered
295 Posts
Originally posted by POWEREDBY_GIXXER750:
Hey Scott, do you have any pic's of your items?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">heres the thread with all of scotts items, i wish i had the money to buy a bunch of them, he "had" the sweetest bike, traitor!
just kiddin wit ya scott!

Scotts SRAD stuff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts