Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Has been Texan longer than the cheerleader
26,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long have you owned your current Watercooled Gixxer?

I've owned the bike currently known as the "Orange Beast" since August 1997.... back then it was a little GSXR 600..... next month it will be 8 years!!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
i have owned mine since Jan of 2000. havent done much to her,
but going to do some mods this winter, hopefully.

Just need a name for mine now.

it will be 6 years Jan. thats a while for me.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
I've had my 1100 for 11 years,bought new in 1994,and so far its been a sportbike,dragbike,touringbike,commuter...etc to me its the ultimate UJM

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
nov of 02 for me ever since I joined GDC
Started out as a 93 600 that was stolen,owner got it back after the junk yard called her.Crack head that stole it Krylon'd the bike white and didn't even pull the plastics before spraying so there was mas over spray.I aquired all my new plastics and a 1117 motor off of e-bay,various parts from people on this site and Fastcat played a major part in my motor swap. Now my bikes's a commuter from hell that makes going to work fun.
Bobbychet

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
I bought mine in March 1993 (used with 1700 miles on it).. Stll riding it

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
August of 98 if my memory serves me correctly. It had 7500 or so miles on it then. I'm at 19,000 and shange right now.

·
Has been Texan longer than the cheerleader
26,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's good to see some longevity here.

Oh and Bobby, thats one hell of a commuter bike!

I've always been partial to race replica's so Steven's Yoshi replica always catches my eye!
I still drool over that Yoshi Ti pipe!
Hopefully I will have my own Ti pipe completed this week.....

·
Premium Member
1,230 Posts
Mine was aquired as a trade for an engine build in 2002. I took it for a few blasts down the street then parked it. It needed some repairs and some modding. I dissassembled it then moved my shop (6k sq ft auto repair/perf shop) "TWICE" and got burned by a new business partner, which practically bankrupt me! Been in pieces ever since, took me awhile to catch up but she'll be back on the road in a few weeks!! I look forward to finally being able to ride it. My Duc is gone and I just sold my lil Kawasaki on Ebay so it's down to just her and I.

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Mmmmmm...in 1993, after selling my previous lump (K100RS beemer), I *FINALLY* bought my dream bike, ie a brand new '93 GSXR1100wp. What a breath of fresh air.

As any of the old timers on this board know, this bike has gone from dead stock to, well dead bank account and not very much stock at all

Its been from home base in Vancouver BC, all over BC, Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming. With a Corbin seat, it turned out to be a far better touring bike than the beemer. Plus, unlike BMW, or HD, its warranty was useless....I NEVER had to use it, nor was it ever in the shop for something factory fucked.

Love the beast. It goes in this winter for a full rebuild. Not really necessary, just want the extra little oooomph
. Should be fun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
10 Participants
bcjohn
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing