Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. So for those of who who remember me, I got my 98 GSXR 600 running.
Thx for all your help.

I have my handlebar risers installed and I need longer cables. Where is a good place to find the proper ones? All I can find is the new stock ones. Mine are approx 3feet long. Looking for at least 4 feet long now .

I seen universal kits that people have had good luck with but I'm not sure I trust myself messing around with the ends on these kits etc.

Thx in advance for your help

Picture for those of you who are curious on the build. ( Front green piece is an old us army gas tank top )

·
Likes to race old junk.
2,528 Posts
I would assume that you are going to need a longer brake line as well etc.
Lots of bike shops can make custom cables. I recently had custom cables made for my CBX.
Where are you located?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would assume that you are going to need a longer brake line as well etc.
Lots of bike shops can make custom cables. I recently had custom cables made for my CBX.
Where are you located?
Assumption correct. I was hoping to keep this bike out of shops. Trying to do everything myself a d so far so good. Like I said if I can find longer lines that I can just swap out that would b perfect. And if I have to I will attempt making some myself with universal kit.

·
Likes to race old junk.
2,528 Posts
You don't have to take the bike itself to a shop, just the cables...as in, I need these to be 8" longer etc.
Unless you have access to a bike wrecker with 100's of throttle and clutch cables sitting on a shelf, that you can play hit & miss with...you're likely going to need custom cables made.

Doing things yourself is fine, but there are times when it's not economically feasible...like the kit needed for your brake line., unless you're going into production.

Again, where are you located?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Google works ! 😁
Lol.. i was excited to watch this video and try this until I got to the "tools required" part. I own a hammer and wire cutters out of that whole list... By the time I buy all the tools needed, I'll be broke hahaha
Thanks for the reply craigfer at least you tried.
Much appreciated

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Most things can be fixed with a hammer and tie wire, if you ride a 42' WIA. 😁 I collect tools for a hobby, so if I use it once it's paid for itself. But maybe easier to find someone to do it for you. (y)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts