Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
well all that i know(heard) is that if you have a v-twin doin wheelies dont let the oil get into the engine or something like that because of the angle the engine is at. That wont affect u at ALL but i like to write on here. Basically i dont know shit, next person?

·
Registered
39 Posts
+1 billion

honestly... that is the best advice i have heard in a while...
ha ha.... i wish all these other morons that dont know shit wouldnt stick thier nose in where it doesnt belong... ....:D

adam s said:
well all that i know(heard) is that if you have a v-twin doin wheelies dont let the oil get into the engine or something like that because of the angle the engine is at. That wont affect u at ALL but i like to write on here. Basically i dont know shit, next person?

Reactions: Chriscrct

·
Registered
60 Posts
Basically- yes. Talking like 2 mile+ wheelies here. What the deal is, is that the oil pickup on all newer sportbikes minus hondas are in the front of the pan vs honda at the back. So when the front wheel is in the air, the engine is getting oil starvation due to no oil being available at the point of the pickup. That's why you sometimes hear that stunters prefer hondas, but you could relocate the pickup fairly easily.

Now this is what I've been told by many- I have never actually torn down different brands of bikes to see if this is true.

Now if you are riding a 500 ft wheelie you probably won't do any harm.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
You'll be fine, these bike are designed for extreme angles and g-forces. Kind of like the M3's now that they have 3 oil pumps.

Although the oil filter and oil cooler are in the front, the oil pressure regulator is pretty much under the oil pump which is under the gearbox, so all the way in the bottom of the oil pan and in the back....probably somewhere along the line of the Set valve.
For added security, the oil pressure sensor is in the front next to the filter, and i have never seen that oil pressure light come on, except when I used a Fram filter for 30 secs, but never during wheelies or anything else.

So your first indication should be this.............is my oil pressure falling to dangerous levels? ....I doubt it.
:lol :lol :lol Those engines are so slant, that they are practically straight up when you do a wheelie anyway :lol :lol :lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
i don't know about the oil pickup in these bikes.. I have always ran my oil a little on the high side just in case. My 954 survived 36k miles with a good amount of mile long highway wheelies. Ran like a top still the day I sold it. But, as has been said it was a honda... My .02

·
Registered
66 Posts
On my 05 750 i ran it to 16,000 + miles and half of those were on the back tire ..I never had a problem out of it ..The 2007 seems to be fine so far although she only has 1200 miles on her and i only rode maybe 3 or 4 mile or longer wheelies ..A buddy of mine streched his 06 600's legs for a good 3+ miles and does it on a regular basis (10-15 times a week ) and it runs fine as well ....

·
Ditchard the High Maintenance Squirrel
60,366 Posts
It won't hurt anything. I don't even have a front tire on my bikes anymore. I took it off soon after i bought them because i wheelie 100% of the time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
gixxermikeATL said:
On my 05 750 i ran it to 16,000 + miles and half of those were on the back tire ..I never had a problem out of it ..The 2007 seems to be fine so far although she only has 1200 miles on her and i only rode maybe 3 or 4 mile or longer wheelies ..A buddy of mine streched his 06 600's legs for a good 3+ miles and does it on a regular basis (10-15 times a week ) and it runs fine as well ....
Squid.......:D

·
Ditchard the High Maintenance Squirrel
60,366 Posts
Hell, i think i will just take both tires off and see if my bike will float.

·
Registered
183 Posts
ZaXoS said:
You'll be fine, these bike are designed for extreme angles and g-forces. Kind of like the M3's now that they have 3 oil pumps.

Although the oil filter and oil cooler are in the front, the oil pressure regulator is pretty much under the oil pump which is under the gearbox, so all the way in the bottom of the oil pan and in the back....probably somewhere along the line of the Set valve.
For added security, the oil pressure sensor is in the front next to the filter, and i have never seen that oil pressure light come on, except when I used a Fram filter for 30 secs, but never during wheelies or anything else.

So your first indication should be this.............is my oil pressure falling to dangerous levels? ....I doubt it.
:lol :lol :lol Those engines are so slant, that they are practically straight up when you do a wheelie anyway :lol :lol :lol

stole the words right out of my mouth. :eek:hmy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.