Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Wow, I rarely log on to gixxer.com since I've sold my motorcycles a few years ago. This came as quite a shock. I used to communicate through PM's and such. We were from the same neck of the woods. RIP Robben.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hello All,

I just left the following message on Robben's profile page but thought I should add it to this page as well.

I haven't been on the site for a while, just logged in and out to keep my user name registered when getting a reminder.

I am shocked and deeply saddened to hear that Robben has passed away. I only exchanged a few messages on the forum with him but got the impression he was one of the good'uns, I liked him anyway.

My sincerest condolences to his family, friends and those who knew him.

God Bless Robben.

If there is anything after this life, I hope I meet you there.

I would add that I have since found out that it was cancer. I have lost three sisters to this vile illness in the last couple of years and I can only hope that he did not suffer, although experience tells me this is rare. The best I can hope is that his suffering was minimal.

May I also extend my condolences to the family and friends of Grizz, always great sadness when losing a fellow rider.

All the Best,

Rob54.

·
Shaved Leg Hippie
124,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Today (9/10) is Rob's birthday. Not a day goes by he's not missed

·
Registered
79 Posts
Today (9/10) is Rob's birthday. Not a day goes by he's not missed
Hello JonRags,

I didn't know his birthday, as I said I only knew him through this forum and had precious little contact with him but he did make an impression.

I have put reminders in my 'phone and my laptop to jog my memory for next year. I had to think it through and remember to transpose the dating system to ensure I had the right date though. Will raise a glass in his memory each year, will raise a belated one tonight.

All the Best,

Rob54.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
Every time I pop back to the forum to see how you guys are doing, another good guy has gone :(

It was MPD last time and now I hear about Robben. RIP Rob.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
About this Discussion
56 Replies
52 Participants
NotoriousREV
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing