Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from another post at a different board. btw Terry was a keith code inst. for years.

well I broke my left collar bone. Sorry Terry. okay......... going at a good pace with terry learning to tidy up my riding. Things are going ok slick track and all. I went into the carousal hit the entrance just exactly where T hit it floating out a bit making sure not to go past the tar strip turned in front slide away lifted the bike up to get traction it gripped. It gripped way too much. Shot myself to the right. At the exit apex on the inside there’s a rumble strip. Went into the dirt on the inside and hit the strip on the way out. Not good at all, for there is a recession in the dirt. The bike seemed to come to a dead stop. The rear was still on the track. Highside city. I'm a little beat up but in good spirits. Hey Terry PM me on what I should work on besides being the super star crash guy.

more...... another guy's post

You scared the crap out of me!!!
I had followed you and Terry around for a few laps watching Terry's lines (might as well get in on the schoolin'...) and had you set up for a pass coming out of the carousel, and was RIGHT behind you when you went down. From my ringside seat, it looked like you grounded the fairings on the rumble strip, and unweighted the wheels, but it was definitely a lowside...(I did exactly the same thing in that corner last Nov.) When did you go over the highside? Did it flip going into the dirt?

me........

So I lowsided???????????? Thought I went high. Thats weird cause of my left side... thought i just highsided... you would know better than me since you were behind me when it happened...
dude that must have looked fuckin cool as hell... wish you had an onboard cam..

him

Probably just a bad tumble... Your tires were still on the pavement, but either the bodywork or your knee hit the rumblestrip and unloaded the tires. I did exactly the same thing in the same spot. I was trying to hold the inside and scrub off speed 'till your bike slid out of the way...it was a little exciting...

Glad you're OK but for the collarbone (been there, done that...). Hope you heal up soon!

yeah i'm LAZY AND IN PAIN so blow me

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Dang dude!

Go easy on the bod...it's gotta last ya awhile longer. Now knock that shit off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts