Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would start a thread for us LI guys to post up about local or off Island rides. Lets keep this thread going. When I get back from Fla. I will post up about an off Island ride to CT.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Sounds like a plan man! I enjoyed the ride to Tobay beach with everyone even though it ended up being a bust once we got there. Def would be nice to get some more rides going and meet & greet some more GDC riders who didnt make it out to tobayfest!

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Sounds like a plan man! I enjoyed the ride to Tobay beach with everyone even though it ended up being a bust once we got there. Def would be nice to get some more rides going and meet & greet some more GDC riders who didnt make it out to tobayfest!
i got there after tobay and still had some fun

·
Registered
420 Posts
Haha yea I didn't mean that I didn't have fun once we got there, I had a blast this weekend! It would have been nice to actually get to have all the cars and bikes park and hang out. Maybe even met up with more gixxer.com members who didn't ride with us. But its all good, seasons only gettin started and we have a lot more rides we can set up!

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got there after tobay and still had some fun
I didnt realize you caught up with us until we were pulling out of the Amoco I had plans for the afternoon so I had to head home after getting gas.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
MAY 15th

Registrationbegins at 9:00am with the official start of the Ride (kickstands up in motorcycle language) at 11:00am.

The route is as follows: Meadowbrook Parkway South to Ocean Parkway East; Ocean Parkway East to Robert Moses Causeway North; Robert Moses Causeway North to Sunrise Highway East; Sunrise Highway East to North Ocean Avenue.

The Ride will culminate at the Town of Brookhaven�s Town Hall, One Independence Hill in Farmingville.

This event is open to the public and all motorcycle enthusiasts are welcome to join in the Ride, which is sanctioned by the American Motorcycle Association.

A small registration fee of $25.00 entitles the rider to participate in the Ride, lunch, entertainment and a commemorative pin.

Riders are encouraged to get additional donations from family members, friends and colleagues. There are prize incentives for raising additional funds.

Interested riders can sign up by contacting the March of Dimes � Long Island Division at (516) 496-8198 or via email at [email protected]

Riders who pre-register will receive a March of Dimes �Bikers for Babies� doo rag
Date: May 15, 2005
Time: Untimed event

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
pay 25 beans to go for parade ride? ill pass.. we should all get together and just hit the sticks and do some real riding.

·
420 King of the World
3,440 Posts
A ride up to Westchester or Bear Mtn is a must before the sweaty ballz season is in full effect. I have never been there but I hear the ride up is pretty sweet. Anyone ever ride up there???

·
loves oldgixxer and Anthony D
12,611 Posts
A ride up to Westchester or Bear Mtn is a must before the sweaty ballz season is in full effect. I have never been there but I hear the ride up is pretty sweet. Anyone ever ride up there???
+1 for that idea....

·
Premium Member
73,234 Posts
count me in for that. we need to get bmf to set something up, i think he is from that area.

·
420 King of the World
3,440 Posts
Yeah there is a thread in here for Westchester riders. We need to merge and hook up together in Yonkers or something. BJB or Anthony can set this up. You guys are the big time posters and seem to be well liked. Lets do this on a Sunday if possible. Then maybe we can go through Ct and hit the ferry home.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you guys want a Good CT> route I will post it when I get home tonight. It's a sweet ride about 300 miles total.

·
Premium Member
73,234 Posts
hey, is anyone down for some nice riding this sunday (the 17th)? it is supposed to be beautiful out, and i will be free all day. let me know who wants to ride and i will set something up.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm not positive if i will have something to do for school and all, but if not then i'd def be down for a ride!

·
420 King of the World
3,440 Posts
Im working. I usually work on Sundays so not for me. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
73,234 Posts
wow, the first 65-70 degree day and no one is riding? well, i will be out all day, if anyone wants to ride, call my cell. the number is in the other post about april 10th.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Took a nice long road trip today (Sunday) with my friend Allan out to Montauk/Hamptons. For the guys who were at the Tobayfest ride he was the asian guy with the blue R6 if you can remember. Anyways, it was a pretty nice ride all the way out on the island coming from the border of Queens. Saw a few other sportbikers on the road, some even doin some stand-ups on the highway which is always cool to see! But there were millions of cruisers out today! Just traveling in full force packs! Felt like we sport riders were only a handful out lol. It was ridiculously warm and sunny out which made for a nice ride most of the way there....except near the shore in the Hamptons where it got reallll cold cause of the nearby ocean breeze. I was just happy to get some seat time in on such a nice day!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yeah the cruisers were all over the place today.. only saw a couple sportbikes down ocean parkway, but it was still a nice day to ride. Shame I had to go to work and cut the day short.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts