Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an easy way to lock/attach your helmet to the bike for times when you don't want to carry it with you. I know I've seen people do this on other bikes and was just wondering what everyone here did.

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
take the pillion seat/seat cowl off. If i remember rightly theres a hook type thing on either side of the rear subframe that the chin strap can go underneath. when you clip the seat/cowl back in place, the helmets locked to the bike.

ta daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
+1

Use sound judgement when and when not to leave the helmet on the bike. Stealing it is just a matter of cutting the strap and then buying a new one - wouldn't leave a 500$+ Shoei or Arai behind everywhere... Also don't leave it behind in the company of drunk people, some tend to mistake it for a urinal. Really, I wouldn't leave the bike in the company of drunk people but that might just be me...

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
SVS, Sounds like you might have a pretty interesting helmet story to share !
Not personally, thankfully - like I said, I don't leave the bike around drunk people

One thing that sucks, though, is that if you have left the helmet on the hook and it then rains while you're gone - mmm - wet helmet liner...

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
watch it though... I've had buddies loose their helmats that way cuz people chop the strap. Make sure you're not leaving a good helmet alone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts