Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my K4 600 it was nicely equipped with what I believe are Lockhart Phillips Short Stalk IV lights front and back -

Was washing my bike on Saturday, when I realized my lights in the front was blinking twice as fast, I proceeded to check the back light and as you all probably assume, It wasn't working. Went to Checker tried to find the bulb as close as possible, but failed - I found a bulb that works, yet the light continues to blink twice as fast (most likely a voltage issue)

My question to you, what bulb / voltage bulb should I be using, I believe I have a 12v currently that is causing me problems.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
185 Posts
If your front blinkers are flashing fast and your back ones are out...that is one cause, because when one blows out it causes the other to blink fast ( cars do the same things) or when you took out the stock blinkers, the stock resisters came out as well. You will need to put an inline resister on your power wire to the front blinkers to stop the fast flash rate. You can buy them almost anywhere...persnoally i like the fast flash rate better....thats just me. Do a search, there is probably other reasons for this happening, that is just what i know.

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
Re: Lockhart Phillips Short Stalk IV Blinkers *QUESTION / HE

It's more a question of resistance, not voltage. If you don't have enough resistance for the flasher, it blinks fast. That's to let you know if a bulb is out. I'd check things over and see what the deal is.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Re: Lockhart Phillips Short Stalk IV Blinkers *QUESTION / HE

You should only need resistance if you are running the LP LEDS; my LP shortstalks blink normal and all function properly (they are just clipped in with the LP Suzuki specific adapter). As Duke said, they will blink fast if a bulb is out. Later,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts