Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam looking to buy a oil temp gauge from lockhart. but they say to the Check sensor size and pitch to order. here what they are:

Digital Oil Temp. Gauge 18mm/1.5 Thread Pitch
Digital Oil Temp. Gauge 12mm/1.5 Thread Pitch
Digital Oil Temp. Gauge 14mm/1.5 Thread Pitch
Digital Oil Temp. Gauge 14mm/1.25 Thread Pitch
Digital Oil Temp. Gauge 20mm/1.5 Thread Pitch

It says it goes in OEM oil sensor plue. What and were is it. This is foe a Gsxr 92 1100.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Here's two drawings that may be helpful:

They are both from the suzuki service manual for `89-92 1100's. The first image shows the plug that you use to connect an external oil-pressure gauge, and the second image shows (look at the second drawing, note the arrow at the bottom) the oil-press. sender unit. The thing is under the foremost cover on the right side of the engine. The oil press. switch part # is 37820-33D10 ...you may be able to find out from the part# from a dealer what the thread dimesnions are, but if it were me, I'd pull mine and check it to be sure.

[ 02-25-2002: Message edited by: FastCat ]</p>

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
these motors have a whole shitload of oil gallery plugs all over the place.....there are several just on the oil pan. when i had my old gsxr, the oil temp sensor replaced the bolt that was on the front of the oil pan near the oil filter. i think it was the 14x1.25, if i remember correctly (this was years ago).

definitely double check the thread diameter and pitch....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts