Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, as i was finishing my ride height mod last night, i noticed that i must have left the lights on (on my bike)....then i begin to wonder......why the heck do i have em on in the first place./..........then i wonder how are they on, when the key is still in the seat release.......

thats when i notice...the coating on at least two of the wires coming from the ignition cylinder is rubbed off, and the wires are making contact.....

needless to say, i now know how to steal my own bike........but dont worry, secret's safe here!!!!

so i get out my trusty security tipped/tamper resistant bits, and goto town, and within five minutes (had to take off the LHS ram air tunnel) i had the ignition pulled and completely removed....

its really chewed up, so i wanna replace it....but, the dealer wants 189 for the cylinder alone......F that!!! anyone know where i can get a matching set of locks for the 99 srad750??? or at least the cylinder assembly??? (with the lettering in excellent shape, preferrably...)

im ebayed out!!! couldnt find any!!

help.....

until then, im twisting and going!!

sms

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, i had found a complete set, in exc. condition for 80$ a month ago, but let it go...... i jus re-wired the switch, and rewrapped the loom...... good enuf for now, and it only comes on with the key!!

thanks guys!!

esemes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts