Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I have 5000 dollars for a bike saved i cant get a loan from yamaha, i do have a credit union, I went to it in january trying to get a bike but thats when i needed the whole thing financed but they said they wanted me to pay a little more on my car that i got in august i think. Now i have 5000 grand saved and i think am ready but i just dont want to tell my bank i want motorcycle loan so i wont have to get full coverage thats if they finance me the 4000. I want to tell them i want a personal loan but what is a good purpose for needing one and are personal loans better.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
sorry to say, the best way is to get full insurance coverage no matter how much you pay off on it or whatnot.

best to be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Unless you are buying a beater (under 2k) full coverage is a must. With your 5k, I'd buy a used bike (2-3K) and use the rest on gear and your first years insurance. That way, everything is paid for in cash. Ride it for a year or two and then move up to a shiny new bike.

I'm assuming this is your first bike BTW.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Unless you are buying a beater (under 2k) full coverage is a must. With your 5k, I'd buy a used bike (2-3K) and use the rest on gear and your first years insurance. That way, everything is paid for in cash. Ride it for a year or two and then move up to a shiny new bike.

+1!

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
14,515 Posts
5K, you could buy a nice used bike and not have to worry about any loan.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Im surprised they won’t give you a loan with that much to put down. But maybe its for the best. Its usually not a good idea to finance a toy unless you can easily afford it.

·
Super Moderator
17,433 Posts
Im surprised they won’t give you a loan with that much to put down. But maybe its for the best. Its usually not a good idea to finance a toy unless you can easily afford it.

Holy thread revival... :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Well that was a long time ago. Im surprised they didn't give him the bike with no money down back then! He must have had some pretty horrible credit.

·
Administrator
14,008 Posts

Sound advice here ... thread closed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.