Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I need some helpfull suggestions!!
I got a great deal on Ebay for a nice stainless steel Yosh RS3. Good for me right, well not so fast! The pipe is a bolt on for a late 90's GSXR600 or 750, i.e. has the three bolt mount. I thought I'd just buy a midpipe and modify it slightly to match the header on my 88GSXR750. Well, it turns out that the late 90's GSXRs all had on piece exhaust back to the exhaust can and no midpipe!! The only midpipes I could find were slip-ons with no bolting flange.

Does anyone know if the Bandit three bolt mount is the same size, because they did have a midpipe. Or if you can change the end piece on the Yosh can to a slip-on style. Or any other possiblities?? Any help at this point would be greatly appreciated!!

Stoopid!!!

·
Farm OG
2,801 Posts
You could have an exhaust shop weld a corresponding three hole flange to a short section of pipe with the slit in the side the correct diameter to slip on to your header pipe. I bet you could get that done for under $100-.
Or you could do it yourself. You can buy all different sizes of slip-together exhaust tubing at most car parts shops... (pepboys, checkers, napa etc)
Take a flat piece of steel and trace the flange and bolt holes, cut it and drill it and bolt it using nuts and bolts. You would even be able to use a stock gasket there. Natch, you would bolt it up after welding it to the short "mid-pipe" you just bought at checkers. Don't forget to have it chromed for a stock look.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
I could do it dude and I got all the equipment to do it including a plasma cutter to cut stainless.
but I don't have your pipe.!!

·
Farm OG
2,801 Posts
He could trace it and send (or fax) it to you for you to do and ship back... I'm sure he can figure out how to bolt the two flanges together, if you make him a mid pipe... Thats gonna be less that $20 in material if you use mild steel. More like $50 if you use stainless.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could do it dude and I got all the equipment to do it including a plasma cutter to cut stainless.
but I don't have your pipe.!!
Give me your address and I'll send it to you right away.....NOT!! Nice try though!!

I was trying to avoid the whole full fabrication thing, but I'm sure I could figure it out. I might give it a go, but it would probably look better if I took it to a proper muffler shop.

Thanks for your help...any other good options?

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
not trying to break your hopes, but you are probably better off just selling that flanged RS3 and getting a proper slip-on RS3. i tried the same thing but with stock canister from a 98 gsxr 750 on my 86 750 project and i had bad experiences with the fit. anyhows, i have various RS3's, mid-pipes, headers, etc. PM if interested.

·
Registered
622 Posts
If you sell your bolt-on pipe let me know, I have a friend that has a bandit and he is looking for a pipe.

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts