Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a silly question after running out of fuel , TWICE, after motor top end rebuild I try to calculate the litres per 100 Kms After doing 86 kms I used 6 litres of fuel. Top up to top up.
What mileage are others getting(85 gsxr750f) how far an you safely go ona tank 19 litres plus 4 litres reserve.?

Also is the reserve part of the tank seperate from the main tank? Accidentally left tap turned to reserve and ran out completely.
I thought that the reserve tap pickup wasjust shorter than the main tank pickup thus when the fuel level goes below the main pickup, switching to reserve uses the fuel in the bottom of the tank.
Any ideas.
Col

·
Registered
61 Posts
That's 41 miles per UK gallon, seems pretty good to me depending on type of riding.

The reserve inlet is lower at the bottom of the tank, with the normal inlet being a couple of inchdes higher. Yes same tank.

The behaviour you describe is as expected.

When the bike is on normal it will run out and splutter/die, leaving a little in the bottom of the tank, which you access by switching to reserve.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well, that's about 7l per 100kms, which is pretty dismal. were you running if flat out in 1st gear??

You should be getting around 5-6l / 100kms, unless this is a track bike, then.........

·
Registered
15 Posts
Haha. i know. ive fixed a few things over the winter and put in new emulsion tubes. lets see how it gets. im hoping for 13km pr liter of fuel mixed driving

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, that's about 7l per 100kms, which is pretty dismal. were you running if flat out in 1st gear??

You should be getting around 5-6l / 100kms, unless this is a track bike, then.........

Mostly fast driving. acceleration from 50-250 km/h. no transportation at 100 km/h. ill make a test after the inspection

1 - 7 of 7 Posts