Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Currently using pedals..
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright boys, what are you all drinking these days?

Liquor - Finlandia, Blue Label, Jameson
Beer - Shiner, Michelob, Stella Artois

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
My usual... Brooklyn Lager and Aarogant Bastard for beer, Sambuca for liquor, and lots of really good red wine.

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
Well, I homebrew beer every few months, been doing it over 15yrs.

My last batch was the clone or 'LightSpeed', formerly named 'Millenium Falcon' for the type of hops used. The namesake beer is by Toppling Goliath.

I grew up on Shiner Bock, my first degree was from UT Austin, and the Spoetzl brewery in Shiner Tx is a short jump away- been there many times.

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
Judging by my Saturday morning dead soldier collection, it looks like Becks won-out last night, followed by Grolsch and Griffon blonde in a distant third. (lightweights :facepalm)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
haha yah i know, i wont get no love from the beer guys for drinking budweiser but honestly, I dont much care for beer. It took me many years to be able to stomach it. Ive always prefered liquor over beer. ANYWAY, I live in Michigan and the craft beer scene here is pretty intense and I just cant bring myself to enjoy them. They are too strong and they all taste funny to me. I can drink one here and there, but I couldnt make a night of drinking them. Im kinda picky about beer, so I stick to the basic stuff that isnt too strong. I can enjoy some ice cold coronas every now and then but the stronger beers are gross to me. Cant do killians, or guiness, or most any of the imports either. I did get given a 6 pack of dos equi's amber i think it was once. That was pretty good.

But if you wanna go shot for shot with some kind of whiskey, now thats something I can get behind. I like all whiskey, but my wallet can only support my habit if its something middle of the road on price, like Jack, or Jim.

speaking of Jim Beam, that devils cut is pretty tastey for those of you who are into that kind of thing.

·
7,744 Posts
This is new. I saw this 'Goose Island IPA' at the corner store and it's quite good. Turns out it's a small Chicago brewery. No idea how that made it to my corner store but I'm liking it.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
I don't like IPAs... Too hoppy for me. I like malty beers, like stouts and porters.

·
7,744 Posts
You should make a trip up this way. Montreal is full of microbrewery bars with in-house beers. The place in this pic (Les Trois Brasseurs) gives you a sampler tray. Looks like a rack of big shooters, so you can pick the one you want. A customer of mine from NC was up here a few weeks back and loved the 'tour' I took him on.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Yeah, we have a few of those here Andre. I have a local brewery about 20 minutes from my house with 300+ craft beers on tap.

·
Mildew Dick
201 Posts
I got into scotch lately. I'm spoiled...California has some of the best wine and beer in the country. I believe drinking is all about trying new flavors and experiencing new breweries and wineries.

Stone is my favorite beer company...but the one thing I will always have on hand is Jack Daniels.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts