Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry havent figured out how to post the picks but the links do work there are 3 pics the urls kind of ran together. doug

------------------
86 moded one end to the other

·
Registered
288 Posts
Whoa! That looks very awesome Doug...way to go! Tell us what you used and how you did all that modified body work, afterall- half the fun of modifying stuff is telling people who like to hear about stuff like that

------------------

Youth and talent are no match for age and treachery!

·
Registered
8,713 Posts
Nice bike! What kind of exhaust canister is that?

------------------
Hana Hou, Good to Go!
Let's Ride!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes nice work! How do you find the ride?? Please post all the specs! Tire/rims, cannister, forks, engine, fairing any tricks you learned etc.. cool.

------------------

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay list of mods
97gsxr 750 front forks and triple clamps
custom stem shaft
kawasaki front wheel and 320 rotors
suzuki front fender
zx11 main fairing
hindle exhaust custom race end can
gas tank capacity increased where stock airbox was
kn's custom ignition with 4 coils advancer etc.
89 gsxrr750 tail section led rear light
93 remote can rear shock modified to fit
cut down rear fender
5.5 suzuki rear wheel dunlop 207
rear turn signals temporary
working on upholstrey and graphics
+3 on rear sprocket
handling is pretty awsome if I do say so myself
stainless lines brake and clutch
the entire hump in the tail section is a trunk thats why I chose the rr tail I cut and opening in the top for access
custom billet clipons
aluminum dash panel
zero gravity double bubble cut down windscreen
the object was to have a great handling light weight bike with a sane riding position for comfort cant by one so I built my own

------------------

·
Registered
288 Posts
Did you take the gas tank somewhere to be altered or did you do it yourself? I've also wondered how I could utilize that wasted space under the tank where the airbox used to be.

------------------

Youth and talent are no match for age and treachery!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the gas tank was done by a local gas tank repair place should be one near you try the yellow pages would not recommend you try welding on your on gas tank. The mod is a plate acroos the bottom welded on with the inner linner cut out but when you weld on a tank you distroy the lining that is on the metal to stop corrosion so the tank needs to be re coated also when the tank guys clean the tank they normally sandblast the tank in and out which means you loose the paint. Also do not let the guys burn the tank which is another way of cleaning because it will heat the metal and cause distortion then you are in for lots of work to straighten the wavey panels.

------------------

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
yeah, i always thought it was a good idea to expand the gas tank that way - never got around to actually getting it done though.

it's a fairly big space, without the airbox. how much extra fuel capacity did you gain, doug?

------------------

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its a 750 at the moment if I can find an 1100 engine at a decent price I will probably swap it the tail is from 1989 gsxr750r which was a limited production race bike not sold in the states used that tail for storage reasons and the looks I like it and there was a mold in town for but the tail is available from airtech as to the gas capacity I put about 22.5 to 23 litres in it today.

------------------

·
Registered
95 Posts
I noticed your in P.Moody! Cool, I live up on the Plateau but you can find me hanging at The Spike or 'Roos most of the time

Anyways, like I posted earlier, I just got my 86-750 2 weeks ago, its up at my dads shop right now in process of a complete strip-down/rebuild.
Any recommendations for wreckers or used parts places I can get stuff? Or places in general?

also.. too bad about International and the others.. the Fenton empire has fallen!

------------------

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I get a lot of stuff from al at performance in north van or scrounge around als # 980 4060 call first hes in the process of moving the shop to burnaby he has the largest selection of anybody for used

------------------

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
his prices are no better or no worse than other bike shops usually a little better but not by a lot he does pay attention to the wholsalers clearance deal sheets has a book of clearout stuff. In general I try to buy from speed shops etc or buy and sell but a lot of times the parts are only avail from a motorcycle shop. Example goodridge brake line in bulk 11.00 to 12.00 per foot same stuff from a speed shop $5.50 ft it is not the bike shops that are gouging it is the wholsalers. The goodridge example shows that because its a bike part lets rip off the bike guys thats why a lot of the wholesalers are going out of business. As for Al he has the most used parts of anybody because he is mostly a one man operation phone first because hes not always there especially now he is moving to burnaby to a lot bigger place

------------------

1 - 18 of 18 Posts