Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Cycle Concept,

...But what happened if the cam chain jump 1 teeth in the crankcase, It lost timing too? is necesary to advance the cam chain 1 teeth over crankcase?

Thanks again

Jonathan

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
if your cam chain jumped the teeth on your cam sprockets then yes it's out of timing...you would need to re-time the engine or should i say take the cams out and reinstall them in the correct position...it would also be wise to install a manual cam chain tensioner to help prevent this from happening to you in the future...thanks!!!

dwayne

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Looks jumped to me, you jumped the front cam. Make sure that the camchain guide is in good shape on both end thats usually why they will jump. I would pull both cams and inpsect the gears for damage, also if it did jump it MIGHT have tapped the valves. i would leak down it at the least, if it was mine i would pull the head and check the valves and pistons for damage and put in a manual adjuster and good guides and it should be fine

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
...if it was mine i would pull the head and check the valves and pistons for damage and put in a manual adjuster and good guides and it should be fine[/QB][/QUOTE]

Thanks GSXR...
Today i check the seat valvle and fix again,
But my big problems is that i try several times set timing, put the marks in right position and after two laps the marks are bad.

Why this happen?
Do you see the Pics?

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Mark the cam sprockets and loctite the bolts, maybe you are slipping the sprocket, not the cam chain?????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts