Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the starter switch is a little touchy. i look at the headlights when the engine is on, and when i slightly touch the starter they go on and off. is this an easy fix (tightening the little hinge inside perhaps?) or is this for a pro.

i figure i'd have to take the right handle off

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
my headlights were going out on occasion too during the daytime for some reason i noticed and i just took it all apart and tightened everything. nothing super hard if your electrically knowledgable. heck pretty easy actually. havent had the problem since. that switch brand new is over $100

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
solder it to the other freaken wire and it'll stay on all the time, and not cut out with the starter being pushed. its what i did. otherwise the solder just won't hold, and make the connection. basically the bad wire is in a row of three others in one direction - and a row of two in the other. solder it to the other one in the two direction.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had the samething happin 2 me, head lite flickers and start inop at times on my 05 600 of corse it was just out of warranty. traced problem 2 the starter switch bike was 13 months old still took it 2 the shop and they replaced it for FREE. i had bought 2 05 600's on the sameday no problem with the other 1?? yet

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was affraid it was gonnna cost a lot to replace it. so i think i will try to do it myself first.

i just wonder how long i've been having this problem cuz i mostly ride during the day, and the one night out of like 2 or 3 weeks i decided to go out, and they were flickering. i do the pre ride checks but they only seemed to be doing it while riding

·
Sphincter Pincher
3,588 Posts
:scratch umm am i missing something? i know on my bike if i hit the starter while it's running the light goes out as long as i have the switch depressed? this isn't abnormal as far as i know.:scratch but if it's really touchy you might wanna take the switch assembly apart and try stretching the spring out a little to give the button a little more pressure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.